Freshman Role Player: Hardly That | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Freshman Role Player: Hardly That

Reaction Score
When in doubt, defer to the Bard:

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You guys are heavily discussing the calling of Lou a "role player" yet everyone misses the HUGE dis of an article like this...

"But UConn lacks veterans. With their two stars as sophomores and only one senior playing heavy minutes, the Huskies will be up against much more experienced teams"

I guess this author has never heard of GABBY and NURSE, but I'm not worried at all as he will find out soon enough who they are when the All-Americans are announced....and I sure hope he feels really, really, really stupid for thinking they don't play into the outcome of games. How many games would we have lost without those two? Plenty more than zero, that's a fact.

It's ok, go ahead Gabby and Kia you do your thing and show em all up ;)

I'm just happy with the broadening coverage. Journalistic standards have faded a bit since Woodward and ... the other guy .... were doing their thing.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...I think she was a role player last year. She was great, don't get me wrong, but we had three stars, and Kia and KLS were more role players. As in, they had a specific role, and weren't the main focus on offense. Being a role player is not an insult...

Exactly. I think there is an unwarranted vitriol in the OP about the use of a rather neutral term. Geno uses the term "role player." It's about how you define a player's role. Nobody does that better than UConn. Saniya's role was and is to play tough defense and make assists. She is doing both. She is playing out her role at a high degree of proficiency, according to the coaches. She is now adding extra value to her minutes by doing even more, this is true. But the expectations we have come to have for her can be called her role. No harm done.

Reaction Score
A player who is not one of the "Core Four". :cool:
In how many games this year would Saniya not have been needed?? Stable, effective, ---Core 5 ]
Maybe when everyone thought her not up to the job--maybe then she was a ROLE PLAYER--but not recently--if Not Saniya who then????

Reaction Score
A player who is not one of the "Core Four". :cool:
You say tomato---I say watermelon--to each his own depends upon who or where you scratch---at this point
Role player or starter or super star---you call them any way you care to--if you look out there in your high power
electron telescope---you see how insignificant any of this really is--including us.

You call her role player---I call her Saniya. does it matter???

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When in doubt, defer to the Bard:

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts....

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. (not to be a downer)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom