Freshman PG Paige Bueckers Mixtape | The Boneyard

Freshman PG Paige Bueckers Mixtape

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She's #1 on my 2020 want list.

Think she's a hybrid more than a pure PG though.

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I love the way her eyes are always down court. Also her calm demeanor and the absence of junk in her game. I realize this is a mix tape, but she appears to make the right play and then just head back the other way. As if she has been there before.

Entire Hopkins games are even more telling, I think.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
interesting she wears the number 10...I know another point guard who wore that number with distinction.
Saw her wearing #1 in another video. Agree #10 is a better look.

Reaction Score
Although I am generally not impressed with mix tapes, this young woman projects a sense of unflappability that cannot be taught. She is very good; and she is likely going to become a lot better.

Reaction Score
I watched tapes of 4 of her games, and was equally impressed after watching each game. She is a special
talent. Even Geno had to enjoy watching this Freshman play ball. I also noticed she got an invite to the
U15 USA tryouts. I also saw an after game interview and she handled it just like one of our Uconn players.
She is impressive.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong....isn't it the 16U team she is trying out for...the one for which Carla
Berube is the head coach?

There may be more but we know that UConn targets in the class one year head of Paige at those trials are
Samantha Brunelle and 'local'...from Worcester....Aliyah Boston.

Hmmm...the 19U trials are May 18-21....the 16U on May 25-28. Wonder if the 2020 Olympic team
consultant might stop by? NCAA rules allow that? Bring golf clubs....play a round or two at The Broadmoor...I think they now have 5 courses!

Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong....isn't it the 16U team she is trying out for...the one for which Carla

There may be more but we know that UConn targets in the class one year head of Paige at those trials are

Hmmm...the 19U trials are May 18-21....the 16U on May 25-28. Wonder if the 2020 Olympic team
consultant might stop by? NCAA rules allow that? Bring golf clubs....play a round or two at The Broadmoor...I think they now have 5 courses!
I stand corrected, it is U16 not U15 --thanks

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Yes, Carla will be one of the coaches.
Yes Paige will have plenty of company in the form of other UCONN targets at the trials. Besides the ones you have already mentioned there will be Maddie Burke, River Baldwin (verbal to FSU),
Zia Cooke, Myra Gordon-Lexi's sister, Cameron Brink, Haley Jones....
Not sure if it is an NCAA violation for the "Consultant" to stop by.
USA Women's U16 National Team

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Do I have this right? If USABasketball invites a kid, they pay for her expenses. Others who attend pay their own way.
I think Myra Gordon and Aliyah Boston paid their own way last year but this year they got invited....a nice step up if true.
For all the 2020'er who got invited I would think they would be especially psyched to be there. Should any of them make the team they could fly home on a high not needing their plane fare. It will be fascinating to see the final team roster come Sunday May 28. A small figurative wager says that Paige will make it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do I have this right? If USABasketball invites a kid, they pay for her expenses. Others who attend pay their own way.
I think Myra Gordon and Aliyah Boston paid their own way last year but this year they got invited....a nice step up if true.
For all the 2020'er who got invited I would think they would be especially psyched to be there. Should any of them make the team they could fly home on a high not needing their plane fare. It will be fascinating to see the final team roster come Sunday May 28. A small figurative wager says that Paige will make it.
Correct on all points. I believe that U16 is the last (only) age group were you can self nominate. U17 up to National Team is invitation only.
In addition to Carla UCONN also has another reliable resource with this team. Napheesa Collier's HS coach, Dan Rolfes is also on the staff.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice crossover, nice body control, nice court vision, smooth form on her shot, nice feet. All adds up to a nice game. What's not to like?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice crossover, nice body control, nice court vision, smooth form on her shot, nice feet. All adds up to a nice game. What's not to like?
And she has lots of time to improve and acquire experience.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Might as well put this 7th grade assessment from Prospects Nation here:

Paige Bueckers (St. Louis Park, Minn.), North Tartan – 2020

Bueckers is only a seventh grader in the 2020 class and already is making noise on the court. All the teams that tried to put pressure on her this weekend found out that she has the gate and explosiveness to get by defenders in the open court and in the lane. She showed shiftiness and grit getting to the basket and really can knife-up the defense. She shoots the ball with great release and was knocking down shots from a lot of areas on the floor. What is great about her game is her command on the court. She is a leader and can handle the decision-making for the team. Hanging your hat on a kid like Bueckers is a great move in the basketball world, because she has a lot of tools and court savvy to her game.

Check Me Out Midwest -- Underclass | Prospects Nation

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Here's a whole game in states.

Nice foot work, quick hands and she plays defense!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There are three Hopkins games from this past year on YouTube. These are her stats in those three games:

26 PPG, 6 APG, 4 RPG, 2 SPG

29-42 FG (69%), 3-9 3Pt (33%), 17-23 FT (74%)

Reaction Score
The more I watch this kid, the more impressed I am with her. I sure would like to see her find her
way to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Don't get too comfortable. It's about time the Gophers keep one of their elite prospects at home. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom