Freshman Castle appreciation thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Freshman Castle appreciation thread

Reaction Score
Love how Dan praises our players and families publicly along while touting our championship pedigree. Don’t see that from other coaches like this. Has to to have an effect going forward with more top players and families without inflated egos wanting to play here.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people have been saying the NBA doesn’t know what they’ll get. Potential is their key.
That’s how the stock market works, it’s not always performance, it’s forward looking, but the problem is that often potential doesn’t come through.

Reaction Score
Love how Dan praises our players and families publicly along while touting our championship pedigree. Don’t see that from other coaches like this. Has to to have an effect going forward with more top players and families without inflated egos wanting to play here.
In fairness to most other coaches they can’t tout a championship pedigree :)

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the 23 scouts in attendance were impressed with some of the skills Steph showed in the Butler game. Thinking they'll be attending more UConn games as we head into the next phase of our BE schedule.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Castle is a bit of an enigma in the sense he has tough time with hitting jumpers and 3 point shots. Some of his misses look unusually off… Like Jackson I suppose…

Now with that being said, he‘s got the best attitude and maturity I’ve seem in quite some time from a Freshman. Who doesn’t want him on the court? He passes, plays D, finishes on breakaways and seems to pick up these quiet points on the way and all of the sudden he’s in double figures….

All this being said, it is his cool attitude and doing whatever is asked of him and his north south playing style/finishing while playing lock down D that will keep him in the first round.

I knew he would be very good coming in. What I didn’t expect is such a cool character that was locked into the UConn mentality since Day 1. What is UConn? Look no further than Stephon Castle.

He is only going to get better and better…. Scary…
Well said. What is beyond scary is the potential of a team with a healthy Clingan added to the mix. What other team has a savvy, veteran core like Spencer, Newton and Karaban, adds to it two potential lottery picks, and brings off the bench an aggressive, athletic set of sparkplugs like Diarra, Ball, Johnson and Stewart. Who is going to beat us on a neutral court? There is potential here for dominance.

Reaction Score
If I could only use one would to describe Castle, it would be nasty- in the most complimentary way. He is a nightmare for opposing teams. I love his attitude- a fantastic teammate and yet he projects a mean, don’t F—- with me image. He is scrappy, loves attacking the basket, and he’s a great defender. Man, is he good!

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
If I could only use one would to describe Castle, it would be nasty- in the most complimentary way. He is a nightmare for opposing teams. I love his attitude- a fantastic teammate and yet he projects a mean, don’t F—- with me image. He is scrappy, loves attacking the basket, and he’s a great defender. Man, is he good!
Nasty, yes! He will be so different on March 1st than he is now. Running and being part of the offense will be more instinctual rather than requiring thought. Everything he does on defense and in rebounding will be sharper. Someone mentioned him being our best player as we head to Championship season, it is a possibility. I think Tristen will profit the most from his development.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom