French / Italian Riviera | Page 2 | The Boneyard

French / Italian Riviera

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Congratulations and Happy Honeymoon!
I'm sure you will have a great time however you divide your trip.
My only advice is that sometimes less is more. You may want to leave Italy out of this trip.

Reaction Score
One other suggestion is to check out Cassis. It was one of my favorite places on our trip there. You can take a short boat ride out to see the Calanques (limestone cliffs) which are absolutely beautiful. You will see lots of locals pulling their boats up on the Calanques and just making a day out of it. It’s one of the coolest places I’ve ever been.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
One other suggestion is to check out Cassis. It was one of my favorite places on our trip there. You can take a short boat ride out to see the Calanques (limestone cliffs) which are absolutely beautiful. You will see lots of locals pulling their boats up on the Calanques and just making a day out of it. It’s one of the coolest places I’ve ever been.
I was lucky enough to be visiting someone last year who chartered a boat out of Marseilles to the Calanques. It made for an incredible day at sea. No idea what it cost my friend.

Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to be visiting someone last year who chartered a boat out of Marseilles to the Calanques. It made for an incredible day at sea. No idea what it cost my friend.

There are tour boats that go from Cassis and it wasn’t expensive at all from my recollection. I think the entire tour boat ride through the Calanques and back to Cassis was about 1.5-2 hours, so it isn’t going to burn up an entire day.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Have a great honeymoon and an even better marriage. On a trip to France about 10 years ago, we visited both Monaco and Nice, both nice to visit. We were with friends and at the end, stayed in Cannes for a week, coincidentally the week before the film festival which they had begun preparing for. They were putting up a row of "courtesy tents" that were more like little houses than tents. Anyway we rented a great apartment through VRBO. A block and a half from the beach, a half block from a weekday big open market where we got to know some of the vendors with loads of fresh fish, vegetables and other stuff. There was a much appreciated wine shop on the ground floor of our building. The beach was one of the original topless female beaches. Not to be too whatever, but there were a handful of topless women there who seemed have been the originals from the 60's. More like the locker room at elderly housing.

We did a day trip to San Tropez from Cannes. Unless things have changed, it's a pain to get to if you don't own a yacht. A train ride and then a bus, although we discovered you could boat back to the train, which we did going back. We also hired a day guide one day and went to the mountains of Provence which includes the Grand Canyon of France, not quite ours, but nice. Lot's of lavender fields. He took us to this sort of hidden away winery owned by brothers who own the French equivalent of Town Fair Tires. Fabulous place, built to look like a 300 year old chateau with some parquet floors from the Versailles Palace and a big show horse training arena with stained glass windows. I don't think they gave us their best wines to taste.

Antibes seemed nice, but we stopped at a market there and bought, among other things, a bottle of some local salad dressing that we opened at home a month later and it basically exploded. Botulism?

Anyway, hope this helps your decision a little.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom