Free tickets to Maine game for everyone | The Boneyard

Free tickets to Maine game for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Welp, my tickets for the other six games just increased by $5/game.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't mind giving away free tickets - but not for everyone. For freshman? Great idea - get them into the football culture. For anyone who can find out this code? No thank you. I hope this is a Maine-only thing since it's a weekday game and against an FCS opponent.

To play devil's advocate - Benedict wants what's best for the football team, and that means a full stadium.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't mind giving away free tickets - but not for everyone. For freshman? Great idea - get them into the football culture. For anyone who can find out this code? No thank you. I hope this is a Maine-only thing since it's a weekday game and against an FCS opponent.

To play devil's advocate - Benedict wants what's best for the football team, and that means a full stadium.
I know a few people with about 0 chance of attending a game this year. I've sent this to them, they are now a maybe. I understand peoples angst about giving away free ticks. I do however think this is a FCS game only thing to showcase the team. Surely it is. Gotta be. Doesn't it?

Reaction Score
I know a few people with about 0 chance of attending a game this year. I've sent this to them, they are now a maybe. I understand peoples angst about giving away free ticks. I do however think this is a FCS game only thing to showcase the team. Surely it is. Gotta be. Doesn't it?

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm not nearly as pissed off as most. Hopefully people go and have a good time, get the word out to their friends, and buy tickets for a few more games this year.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
If you turn down the opportunity to attend this when the cost out of pocket to you is legitimately $0.00 then you have zero right to complain about the conference affiliation here on forward.

Reaction Score
I've always said they should make this game free every year. Make it an open house and try to get more fans to buy season tickets.

I really think the Thursday night game is a logistical nightmare. I work in Danbury. If I get out on time, that means I can get to the Rent at 6:30. If I have to work late, like I do tomorrow, I can't even go. Nevermind the fact that my typical routine is driving to Middletown to meet up with my UConn alum friends first. And they work late usually too. So now we're pulling in near 7:00, if I can leave exactly at 5:00, then we have to park. And then the next morning, even if I take off work, the people's house I'm staying over at are up at 7AM so I have to drive over an hour back hungover unless they want to give me a key to their apartment. It's really a chore to make a Thursday night game for me. For a Saturday game I just drive to my friends after work friday, we go get plastered, wake up at 9am and get to the stadium at 10:00

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
David Benedict and UConn putting the ball in the fanbase laps. The cost is $0. By now, we all are fairly aware that the Big 12 really does care about things like football attendance. If UConn can't give away tickets, it sends a very bad "no fanbase interest" message. Exact opposite of what we want right now. This is a bold, gutsy move by Benedict and UConn. 100% plea to our fans to come to the stadium, witness that this year is going to be different in person, and, hopefully, come back for more football this fall. Terrific way to build back up the fanbase morale while addressing Big 12 expansion football metrics.

Let's do this. Every Gahd Damn one of these tickets needs to find a home.

Reaction Score
I understand peoples angst about giving away free ticks. I do however think this is a FCS game only thing to showcase the team. Surely it is. Gotta be. Doesn't it?

It's that, plus it's probably a "pad the attendance number to boost our chances of a B12 invite - hey, whatever helps" thing.

Couldn't hurt.

Reaction Score
I really think the Thursday night game is a logistical nightmare. I work in Danbury. If I get out on time, that means I can get to the Rent at 6:30. If I have to work late, like I do tomorrow, I can't even go. Nevermind the fact that my typical routine is driving to Middletown to meet up with my UConn alum friends first. And they work late usually too. So now we're pulling in near 7:00, if I can leave exactly at 5:00, then we have to park. And then the next morning, even if I take off work, the people's house I'm staying over at are up at 7AM so I have to drive over an hour back hungover unless they want to give me a key to their apartment. It's really a chore to make a Thursday night game for me. For a Saturday game I just drive to my friends after work friday, we go get plastered, wake up at 9am and get to the stadium at 10:00

If history is a guideline, to get from Stamford to the Rent on the Thursday before Labor Day, fighting both normal rush hour and people getting an early start on vacation, if I want to make the drive stress free I need to leave now. If I leave the office at 2, getting there at 5 will be really lucky.

Reaction Score

you could have just stopped at the first excuse.....you cant make a game because you will be too hungover to drive back the next morning even considering you have taken the day off from work???? holy

Reaction Score
I was not going to drive from Worcester on a Thursday night just to be back for an early class on Friday. But with the free tickets, I convinced myself and three of my friends to go see the game. Looking forward to some positive energy for our HUSKIES

Make sure to come back and let us know how you and your friends enjoyed the game.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Zac Brown Band did a cover of this a week and a half ago at Fenway... It was fun. :)

It doesn't sound cool but the Hartford Symphony Orchestra does a whole show every July/August in Simsbury where they just cover classic bands. They import singers to sing over their instruments. Last year was Queen. (This year was Journey) It was fan-fluking-tastic.

And ZBB is amazing live. One of the best shows I've ever been to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom