Free Throws? | The Boneyard

Free Throws?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me the new rules? I thought once the opposing team had 5 fouls in the quarter there would be 2 free throws on every foul there after? Am I completely wrong or sort of right. HELP!!! I was completely confused when I didn't see free throws after the 5th foul in the quarter. I thought that's what I had been seeing all year.

Reaction Score
From NCAA.com

Teams will now reach the bonus and shoot two free throws on the fifth team foul in each quarter. Previously, teams reached a one-and-one bonus on the seventh team foul of each half and reached the double bonus (two shots) on the 10th team foul.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me the new rules? I thought once the opposing team had 5 fouls in the quarter there would be 2 free throws on every foul there after? Am I completely wrong or sort of right. HELP!!! I was completely confused when I didn't see free throws after the 5th foul in the quarter. I thought that's what I had been seeing all year.
Free throws are awarded on the fifth foul of any quarter for fouls committed on defense or in a loose ball situation (e.g. rebounding.) No fouls are awarded ever for common fouls committed on offense, though offensive fouls do count toward the 'fifth foul'.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Am I missing something then? Shouldn't Miss St have shout more free throws? I thought they got fouled like 4 times over the limit in the second quarter but only went to the line twice. I;ll have to go back and watch.

Reaction Score
trying to piece it together from the recap, it looks like there were 3 fouls after SC hit 5, but 2 (again, based on description/context) seem like charges, which still don't get you shots as far as I know. so they probably only shot 2 foul shots

Reaction Score
trying to piece it together from the recap, it looks like there were 3 fouls after SC hit 5, but 2 (again, based on description/context) seem like charges, which still don't get you shots as far as I know. so they probably only shot 2 foul shots

They shot four FT's. Fouls 5 and 7 were defensive fouls - which gave MS State two FTs for each foul. Fouls 6 and 8 were both offensive fouls (player control fouls), which don't lead to FTs.

All four FTs were missed btw.

Reaction Score
They shot four FT's. Fouls 5 and 7 were defensive fouls - which gave MS State two FTs for each foul. Fouls 6 and 8 were both offensive fouls (player control fouls), which don't lead to FTs.

All four FTs were missed btw.

i saw that in the recap...not that there aren't 100 other moving pieces in a game, but those foul shots cost them the game. 33% as a team. woof (the bad woof)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom