?? Free Parking & Shuttle | The Boneyard

?? Free Parking & Shuttle

Reaction Score
What lot do you park in to take the free shuttle to Gampel for the basketball games? Are they still doing it?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I park in the South Garage, it is right across the street from Gampel.

If you park on an upper level (staircase or elevator available) you can get out fairly quickly using the upper level exit.

At least until now you could.:cool:

Reaction Score
I park in the South Garage, it is right across the street from Gampel.

If you park on an upper level (staircase or elevator available) you can get out fairly quickly using the upper level exit.

At least until now you could.:cool:
It's not free

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Ooops, right. Don’t know about the shuttle I would call the ticket office 877-288-2666

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I went on park.uconn.edu and clicked on link for "Event Planning". It says in part:

"Gampel Pavillion event parking is accommodated in the North Garage ($9.00/event) and South Garage ($12/event). Our Gampel event parking fees begin 3-hours before their start. Our free Gampel Express shuttle service transports basketball fans to and from no-charge parking lots F and S on gamedays."

That is currently up there so there you are.

Assuming Fort Hays is considered a gameday.

Surprised the ticket office wasn`t more helpful.

Reaction Score
I went on park.uconn.edu and clicked on link for "Event Planning". It says in part:

"Gampel Pavillion event parking is accommodated in the North Garage ($9.00/event) and South Garage ($12/event). Our Gampel event parking fees begin 3-hours before their start. Our free Gampel Express shuttle service transports basketball fans to and from no-charge parking lots F and S on gamedays."

That is currently up there so there you are.

Assuming Fort Hays is considered a gameday.

Surprised the ticket office wasn`t more helpful.
Looks like they are not doing it this year.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I saw that a building is going up where open air basketball parking used to be available, kind of at the bottom of the hill. I don't know if that relates to this.

Either way, they should update the website.

Reaction Score
Had the same question yesterday as we were driving up to the game. Had Mrs. Gigio call the Uconn Shuttle Bus #. Actually got a live person after voice message. They are not doing the specific Gampel Shuttle, but said anyone can get any shuttle that is running - different schedule for weekday vs weekend, schedule and routes on-line. Seeing that I hate to pay for parking more than the $6.00 Coke at Gampel, I went with I Lot, behind Campus Security buildings. Park at the far left of the lot, follow the path and you're at College Village (a Subway there). You can grab a shuttle there to Gampel. If you don't mind walking, cross street, cut behind Ted's and your at the Visitor's Center. Uphill walk to Gampel, maybe 7 minutes total, unless you walk like Mrs. Gigio and hate going uphill, and it might be 10 minutes. All downhill on the way back. No traffic getting out regardless of what direction you go - except if you drive back uphill to Gampel! Interesting note, the Visitor's Center was closed on Sunday, and they have a small lot for about 10 cars. People were parking there and walking to the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom