Frank Zappa Music All Day Today (12/21) | The Boneyard

Frank Zappa Music All Day Today (12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
(Hey, where'd my OT label go?)

Today marks the 80th anniversary date of Zappa's birth and 73rd of my parents' wedding. (Shout out to Michael Apted's "Up" movie series that they married on FZ's 7th birthday) "There are no coincidences," eh?

Listener-supported, community radio station WPKN, available throughout the world via the TuneIn app, streaming through their website, or just plain ol' over-the-air in Fairfield, Litchfield, New Haven, and Suffolk Counties, is raising funds for its 2021 relocation from the University of Bridgeport campus to downtown Bridgeport.

Started at 7am, and will continue until 10pm.

Who else here would love to listen to FZ all day, or already is?

Who else listened last Friday, when 'PKN similarly played Rolling Stones music?

I'm a UConn Basketball fan since 1962, and WPKN since 1977.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
BA37AA0C-F69E-4060-AB8E-DC4A4389D723.jpeg

Reaction Score
If you're a fan of the local music scene (and just good music in general), Tim Palmieri does 2-3 weekly livestreams (usually Wed, Thurs) but he plays A LOT of Zappa....has really steered me in that direction over the last year. Assuming you watched the new movie that came out late Nov?.....Enjoy the music, and don't you eat that yellow snow.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If you're a fan of the local music scene (and just good music in general), Tim Palmieri does 2-3 weekly livestreams (usually Wed, Thurs) but he plays A LOT of Zappa....has really steered me in that direction over the last year. Assuming you watched the new movie that came out late Nov?.....Enjoy the music, and don't you eat that yellow snow.
Tim Palmieri is awesome. Saw him at arch street shortly before Covid hit. Did you see the movie and if so how was it? I've been meaning to rent it off Amazon. Zappa is the man.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Livestreamed on what platform, how accessed?
Have not seen new movie yet.

@Letsgohuskies11, he released ~60 albums while alive, and nearly as many have come out since he died in '93. His music lends itself well as the accompanying soundtrack for a full day, where you can go in and out of attentive listening.

Ed Palmieri Big Band does wonderful jazz interpretations as well.

Reaction Score
I dont want to steal this thread, but i love talking music. Watched this one over the weekend that was really good .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom