Frank the Tank's Slant on UConn and Big 12 chances... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Frank the Tank's Slant on UConn and Big 12 chances...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Actually I am old enough to say that i blocked a Randy LaVigne jumper in CYO ball. His team did give us a beat down though.
Is your handle an offshoot of USMC ForceRecon?If so I like it !!btw,by the sound of your enthusiastic post I would have thought you were barely out of school?Kudo's to you...Where has mine gone(enthusiasm)?Ha Ha I feel older than I should i guess?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Well come on down and enter our Great Southern BBQ Cook off at Amelia Island....

http://www.gstailgatecookoff.com/
I was actually there a week before the cook off last year at an event at the Ritz-Carlton. Would have been fun to check it out. We did make our way over to Island BBQ in Fernandina Beach. Weird joint with a smokey dive bar attached. We enjoyed ourselves

Reaction Score
Is your handle an offshoot of USMC ForceRecon?If so I like it !!btw,by the sound of your enthusiastic post I would have thought you were barely out of school?Kudo's to you...Where has mine gone(enthusiasm)?Ha Ha I feel older than I should i guess?

Huh...and I was a Force Recon Marine...way, way back in the days of T-10 chutes, ERDL pattern jungle cammies, and Janis, Jimmie, and the Beatles.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well, Stanford had lost the week before to Gonzaga and I don't believe CAL or St. Marys were in the tourney so the interest in the bay area was probably minimal. And, why Burlingame? There are great sports bars all over the place down there but not in Burlingame (where i was born and lived for my first 6 years)

I found almost no good sports bars in the Valley. Burlingame was chosen since my friend flew in from Chicago and was staying in the city. It was a half-way point of sorts.

However, in other places I've lived and visited, people will watch any NCAA tournament game, especially in a bar setting. In the Bay Area, I think it would have been dead even with Cal or Stanford playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom