Frank Gifford has died. | The Boneyard

Frank Gifford has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They haven't said what caused his passing, only that it was sudden.

Reaction Score
I am old enough to remember him playing for USC and the NYG. A terrific 2 way player, played in pro Bowls at three positions, DB, RB, and, Flanker. He was the play by play announcer on Monday Night Football, started with Howard Cosell and Dandy Don.

RIP Frank.

Reaction Score
A great player and commentator.

Yes indeed on the latter part. I never saw him play but I know that he was an excellent commentator. Plus the dude had some serious clout with the boys/men from the 1950 era. My dad, when hearing of the passing of Gifford, normally does church announcements, he gets up in church today and gives a prayer request for the Gifford family in their hour of need. RIP, Frank. Thank you for the great calls on MNF. You will be missed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I always liked Frank. I was a big fan of his from the late 1950s. Before ABC, he broadcast on CBS and paired very well with his former teammate, the great Pat Summerall.

RIP, #16. Condolences to Kathy Lee and the family.

Reaction Score
Poor Frank took what I still remember as one of the most brutal football hits ever from Chuck Bednarik, center/linebacker for the Eagles. Caused Frank to miss 18 months and to change positions. It is on You Tube.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Poor Frank took what I still remember as one of the most brutal football hits ever from Chuck Bednarik, center/linebacker for the Eagles. Caused Frank to miss 18 months and to change positions. It is on You Tube.

I heard the description of the hit on the radio...Chuck (who also recently passed) caught up with Frank after a long run and gave him an all-time shot...Two of the greatest 2-way players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom