FoxSports Likes to Keep Us Guessing.... | The Boneyard

FoxSports Likes to Keep Us Guessing....

Reaction Score
I checked on FoxSports earlier today, and both UConn and Seton Hall were listed facing other opponents (games cancelled due to Covid). They finally updated the App as of this afternoon. And, to think we used to complain about ESPN.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If you see something broken on the ESPN app, ping me and I can fix it. It is my promise to the people.

Reaction Score
If you see something broken on the ESPN app, ping me and I can fix it. It is my promise to the people.
Hey @zls44 - long time. Since I've got you here, I have a question. This weekend I was checking ESPN.com for box scores on some WCBB games in progress. Guess I'm spoiled - had always found these in the past, but they weren't there. Only "Gamecast", which was only the "before the game" info - who is home & visitor, venue, team records - no real "gamecast" info. Cutbacks?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hey @zls44 - long time. Since I've got you here, I have a question. This weekend I was checking ESPN.com for box scores on some WCBB games in progress. Guess I'm spoiled - had always found these in the past, but they weren't there. Only "Gamecast", which was only the "before the game" info - who is home & visitor, venue, team records - no real "gamecast" info. Cutbacks?

Nah. Tech issue with a provider. Know it impacted UConn-Lowell. Think we've got it sorted out.

Reaction Score
Really disappointed with Fox. This time monitored both Fox Sports and Fox Now till game time. Listed on Fox Now as coming up. No listing on Fox Sports. At 6:32 the game hadn't started on Fox Now and just had a message screen the event was coming. Rechecked Fox Sports app and it was there and playing. The feed hesitated 3-4 times to buffer during the game, actually stopped twice requiring a restart, and then stopped a third time with 2 minutes left that we couldn't restart. We stream a lot of programing and haven't had a comparable issue with any sports or other programing in a couple years. I don't understand why Fox goes to the expense to buy a product and then does such a slipshod job providing it. They can't at least post what games are offered on what app before the event commences? Couldn't locate an official spot to vent so thankyou for letting me vent here.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I've watched UConn games on ESPN3/WatchESPN for the past few years. It was no unusual for ESPN to not show the UConn listing until the day of the game and at times just a couple of hours before the game. I've had no problems with the quality of the feed from FoxSports. I use ROKU to access the FoxSports channel. I don't know when the Seton Hall Game was listed on FoxSports. I did check a couple of hours before the game and it was listed. The Creighton game is not listed in Upcoming Events. However, I noticed that only Events that are shown on a Fox or FoxSports Channels are listed.

Reaction Score
Again, I checked today and FoxSports does not list the UConn game. I did find it on FoxNow. I guess it is because here in Florida the game is on a channel called "Fox Extra." It will probably show up later on FoxSports.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Again, I checked today and FoxSports does not list the UConn game. I did find it on FoxNow. I guess it is because here in Florida the game is on a channel called "Fox Extra." It will probably show up later on FoxSports.
If it is listed on Fox Now, then that is all you need to watch/stream the game. This was the app/channel is used for the UMass Lowell game and used the Fox SPorts app/channel I used for the SH game.

Here is my understanding of the three apps/channels.
Fox Now has links to all things Fox that includes televised shows, news, sports, etc.
The Sports link at the top of the main page is a link to Fox Sports app/channel which includes televised events and streaming events (UConn WBB, BTN+).
The Fox Sports Go app/channel is to stream televised events, Fox local, FS1, FS2 and BTN.
But I could be wrong, just basing this on my previous life when I was a software tester (and websites were considered software...).

Edit: Currently on the Fox Sports app/channel I don't see tonight's game listed but Saturday's game versus Xavier is listed. :eek:
And I don't see tonight's game on Fox Now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If it is listed on Fox Now, then that is all you need to watch/stream the game. This was the app/channel is used for the UMass Lowell game and used the Fox SPorts app/channel I used for the SH game.

Here is my understanding of the three apps/channels.
Fox Now has links to all things Fox that includes televised shows, news, sports, etc.
The Sports link at the top of the main page is a link to Fox Sports app/channel which includes televised events and streaming events (UConn WBB, BTN+).
The Fox Sports Go app/channel is to stream televised events, Fox local, FS1, FS2 and BTN.
But I could be wrong, just basing this on my previous life when I was a software tester (and websites were considered software...).

Edit: Currently on the Fox Sports app/channel I don't see tonight's game listed but Saturday's game versus Xavier is listed. :eek:
And I don't see tonight's game on Fox Now.
Keep us posted please. Thank you!!!

Reaction Score
Thought I would share my experience with watching the UCONN WBB games this season...
Despite my BY Name being "PA Husky Fan", I live in Maryland (recent move), and have Verizon Fios as my cable TV provider. My cable subscription provides Fox, as well as FS1 and FS2. During all the early confusion about how to watch games when out of SNY coverage, I made sure I had FoxNow and FoxSports Apps on my Cellphone because they wouldn't let me download them to my laptop.

Like others I experienced trouble finding the games on either app, and out of frustration, just went to www.fox.com to see if I could find the game. I then clicked on the "Sports" tab at the top of the page, and lo and behold, there was UCONN vs _____. Because the Fox, FS1 and FS2 channels are in my Fios subscription, and Fios allows me to watch TV on my laptop, there is no extra cost. I watched both games thus far using this method. The video and sound have been great, and of course the 17" screen on my laptop beats the heck out of the cellphone screen.

SO...if your cable subscription includes Fox, FS1 and FS2... maybe give www.Fox.com a try and click on the SPORTS Tab.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
2:20 pm turned on the TV & Roku. Opened the Fox Sports app an under the Upcoming shows tonight's game is listed.

Just like ESPN3. No worries that it's not listed because it will be by game time. Just takes awhile to get used to it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It isn't on my FoxSports.com schedule. It's radio for me I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom