fox | The Boneyard

fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
was this check? and 1 last move to be chack mate?

it really seems like they just knocked espn down.

they just forced espn to either give notre dame to fox for 1 year
-more time to get uva/unc/gt...
-show how nice fox will be to nd(be or b10 lifestyle)
-md lawsuit time line now doesn't matter

or espn needs to get nd others in this year
-now nd fball vs acc so many times a year is technically broken right off the bat becuase of the timing of all this. now acc i screwed with that for the future
-unbalanced schedule in others
-md can argue espn/acc got more then there value to replace them

if nd plays a year with the BE. it gives the b10/fox more time to line things up with the sec and raid the heck out of the acc. if that then happens, nd would just stay with the BE and never join the acc to play bball. acc dies....creighton prob never goes BE...

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: FOX's $4m-per-school offer to the C7 is contingent on ND joining them permanently.

If true, a good portion of Greensboro, NC would probably be set ablaze if the 'Domers accept...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Other fox-related rumor from the jedi master with formal-wear... FSU has decided to say no to the B12 and now Fox wants B12 to add UCF and USF.

Great.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Other fox-related rumor from the jedi master with formal-wear... FSU has decided to say no to the B12 and now Fox wants B12 to add UCF and USF.

Great.
Haha! If Texas ever says yes to taking UCF I'd laugh! Out of all the schools available taking UCF or USF would be a joke. If Texas really rules the roost, they'll never have USF or UCF in the Big 12

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Hey Fox,

I got your inventory right here*:

trophies.jpg

*Unfortunately, this is the best picture I could find of all the UConn Trophies. Maybe there is something better out there. If not,Warde, you need to snap some pics and get them on the website ASAP. We should be showing off the hardware across all sports.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hey Fox,

trophies.jpg

*Unfortunately, this is the best picture I could find of all the UConn Trophies. Maybe there is something better out there. If not,Warde, you need to snap some pics and get them on the website ASAP. We should be showing off the hardware across all sports.

warde wants our trophy case to look like the one rutgers has.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Word on the street: FOX's $4m-per-school offer to the C7 is contingent on ND joining them permanently.

If true, a good portion of Greensboro, NC would probably be set ablaze if the 'Domers accept...
Well now that's a horse of a different color! (OZ homage).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I just cannot imagine that's true - Notre Dame, as independent as they are, still needs an affiliation with a conference for bowl tie-ins.

Providence and Georgetown do not carry much sway with the Orange Bowl.

As for TuxedoYoda's tidbit...I don't know what to think there. (Other than wondering what bridge I would jump off if UCF landed in the Big 12.)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lets think this thru a bit.

c7 plus new additions have no fball needs. nd could join for all other sports. have the league invite johnny hopkins for lax and nd could keep its puck in HE. bball wise thats fine for nd. soccer wise that league is fine. lax wise its fine. baseball wise its fine. etc down the list. its not a killer league in any sport but it holds its own top down.

the acc currently has 14 schools. of those 14 i think its safe to say fsu/gt/clem/unc/ncst/vt/uva are wanted elsewhere and as pieces possibly fall they will go somewhere. the b10 and sec and b12 alone have 6 slots easy with a potential for more like 20ish slots. so nd knows that while right now the acc looks good, it could be a mess in a few years.

the reason this is happening is because if nd moves to the acc early then they have to pay a buyout and also they then get caught up in the accs buyout. if the acc blows up a year later they are now conf jumping and paying buyouts galore. they also would then have a tuogher time rejoining the c7 if they ever had to as that league would fill slots and move on. its arguable whether the $ is so good they would welcome the headache back...

acc others. great baseball. good lax, losing md hurts a small bit but cuse lax is what it is. bball is good. soccer is good. but what if a lot of the better school leave. what does a acc with miami, wake, duke, bc, cuse and pitt look like other sports wise? how is that any better then the c7 league other sports wise? its not.

this seems to be the hole nd is in. the b12 will never be the 1st to raid the acc becuase the difference in conf hierachy isn't enough to do so. thats the b10 and sec's job. the question is whether or not the pac can raid the b12 before the b12 can get acc scraps. this, is the 4x16 vs 3x20 that u hear argued all the time. the 3x20 cuts a couple more pieces out of the pie, so u can bet ppl are scheming to do it becuase CR is about $.

nd not in the acc can still have its orange bowl tie in i believe....

if nd picks the c7, then the acc never happens. and it becomes extremely likely nd is the #20 team to the b10. now we all have to fill in blanks.

Reaction Score
lets think this thru a bit.

c7 plus new additions have no fball needs. nd could join for all other sports. have the league invite johnny hopkins for lax and nd could keep its puck in HE. bball wise thats fine for nd. soccer wise that league is fine. lax wise its fine. baseball wise its fine. etc down the list. its not a killer league in any sport but it holds its own top down.

If Notre Dame were to continue with the C7, the lacrosse league would not need Hopkins, nor would Hopkins join said league.

Hopkins in lacrosse is like Notre Dame in football, but unlike Notre Dame, hasn't *just now* had a resurgence in power at the right time.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I still haven't seen any credible reporting that the C7 would consider a one year deal for ND. I'd have to think the only possible scenario is if Xavier or whoever hits a snag and they need a warm body for a year. ND adding olympics sports to the C7 permanently only happens after the ACC blows up, not before (IMO).

Reaction Score
There appears to be two new rumors:

1) ND is nervous about ACC stability and is looking to join the C7 permanently (not just next year), but still have the scheduling deal / bowl tie-ins with the ACC.

2) The Big XII is close to moving on USF and UCF.

I'm a big believer that things leak for two reasons: i) the rumor is true and is about to break. Because of the imminence, there are more people involved and that means eventually someone blabs (see Maryland where everyone knew someone that called MD to B1G). ii) Someone is leaking information (true or false) for a reason (usually to influence someone or to float a test balloon). In the case of these rumors, it sounds a bit like the Big XII, B1G or Fox have leaked the rumors to influence other ACC members to be proactive in leaving rather than reactive.

I don't think either rumor makes sense, but because they are out there, it may mean something is up with someone else.

Reaction Score
I still haven't seen any credible reporting that the C7 would consider a one year deal for ND. I'd have to think the only possible scenario is if Xavier or whoever hits a snag and they need a warm body for a year. ND adding olympics sports to the C7 permanently only happens after the ACC blows up, not before (IMO).

I said it elsewhere but the only reason this ND to C7 stuff is even being mentioned is because ND wants to pretend the BE has dissolved and that it therefore owes no money to the conference Aresco heads.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
how much do u think fox offers nd to go with the be/c7 group? it could be a lot i guess...right? the c7 will be making more than the new members for a while. the revenue split isn't even. so what stops nd from getting paid a ton by fox? the acc is a = split league. so for espn to match a fox raise in the bidding war they would have to pay everyone that spread. so another mil for md joining early is more like 75k to each school. thats pennys to nd vs what fox could do. i mean they could offer nd 10 mil to join the c7, the c7 5 mil each and the new members 3 mil each potentially right? with enough new members nd other sports all have homes. then i go back to the john hopkins type thing. certain nd sports need a big time team to hang out with. i'm sure the $ will be there in time....

Reaction Score
I just cannot imagine that's true - Notre Dame, as independent as they are, still needs an affiliation with a conference for bowl tie-ins.

Providence and Georgetown do not carry much sway with the Orange Bowl.

As for TuxedoYoda's tidbit...I don't know what to think there. (Other than wondering what bridge I would jump off if UCF landed in the Big 12.)
Interesting point. But our conference has sold everything at this point. Who is to say that they won't offer ND our tie-ins for a couple of bucks? May not be best for ND, but any year with 2 or less losses they are destined for the BCS anyways.

pj

Reaction Score
Interesting point. But our conference has sold everything at this point. Who is to say that they won't offer ND our tie-ins for a couple of bucks? May not be best for ND, but any year with 2 or less losses they are destined for the BCS anyways.

You can't sell your place in a contract, generally. Contracts are between named parties and contractual rights are usually non-transferable.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
ND made the point over and over again the ACC marriage was for bowl and playoff access. The ACC is stable enough for the time being

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
Hey Fox,

trophies.jpg

Should I be taking credit for the Dallas News ad based on my footnote to the post above or would that be blatant self promotion?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Great.

The credibility of that one pretty much goes right up in smoke as there is no way they would add 2 schools from the same state, particularly lower in the food chain even in there own state.

Reaction Score
C'mon people. I revived this old thread for the sole purpose of patting myself on the back for chastising Warde on March 4, 2013 to get some pictures of our NCAA trophies on the internet. At that time, I couldn't find any such pictures (except for the crappy one I posted on that date in this thread). Now such pictures of our trophies (probably to be referred to in the future as "the Point6 pictures") are all over the place, including the Dallas News ad. Seriously people, it was no problem. You are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom