Fox Sports Go? | The Boneyard

Fox Sports Go?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What's the best way to go about watching Wednesday's game? Is Fox Sports Go only available online or is it possible to access it through a smart TV or PS4/Xbox? Will UConn Husky Games have the game Thursday @tcf15 @gampelcrazies ?

I didn't see a thread about this yet, so sorry if it's already been hashed out.

Reaction Score
I have it on my Xbox. They do a really good job too, the delay is only about 10 seconds or so

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
They have an app on Fire TV Stick as well

Reaction Score
I'm guessing we are long out of the deal with SNY

There are 5 games on SNY this season. All the OOC games v. mid-majors generally are passed down to them. I don't get why:

1. PC is considered the home team
  2. This is streaming on Fox Sports Go (Big East is FOX) and not WatchESPN (AAC is ESPN/CBS)

Reaction Score
It works just like ESPN3. First, download the app for FOX Sports GO on your smart phone, laptop or other device. I downloaded to my iPhone and laptop although I think I could have downloaded via my smart TV, I wanted to simplify it for now. Once the app is downloaded, click on the FOX Sports GO app, and it will allow to sign in with your existing email and password for your current provider (e.,g. Comcast, DTV, etc). I'm a DirecTV subscriber, so after downloading the app for "FOX Sports GO" I scroll down to the provider list select DirecTV, then enter my email and password (just as I would if I were accessing ESPN3). Then voilà. You can scroll down to Wednesday lineup and you will see the Uconn vs. Providence game show up. And the quality is great for streaming, and you can direct cable connect your laptop to your TV if you want to watch on your TV. I think you can also wirelessly connect to your TV from laptop or smart phone via chromecast etc. although I have not tried that yet. There may be other ways of doing it that are simpler then at the above but I just know the above worked for me

Reaction Score
I use Fox Sports Go for a lot of soccer games and it always works well.

A bit off-topic, but I believe CBS Sports Network also launched a streaming service recently, so that will be pretty nice for any games that air there. I can't believe it took them this long in the first place.

Reaction Score
Will this be up on the UConnHuskyGames website by the end of the week?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Make sure you test it out in advance. I had a problem this weekend the Fire Stick app, it said I wasn't authorized. I have the Cox Sports tier and no issues with WatchESPN so I should have it, I would think. I'll have to work on it tomorrow.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Make sure you test it out in advance. I had a problem this weekend the Fire Stick app, it said I wasn't authorized. I have the Cox Sports tier and no issues with WatchESPN so I should have it, I would think. I'll have to work on it tomorrow.
Definitely advise testing. Downloaded FS Go app to my iPhone. According to app there is an icon that should sync to my smart tv. Didn't work. So I used my apple tv and mirrored an FS GO program on my iPhone to the apple tv as a test.

But I'll sweat bullets until game starts and I get the same results. Anything can go wrong with the number of players (Sony TV, Charter Spectrum Cable, Fox, and Apple) that are involved. Yesterday I couldn't get an NFL game to go through the Apple TV using WatchESPN.

And these parameters do not include Emmert and the NCAA.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Definitely advise testing. Downloaded FS Go app to my iPhone. According to app there is an icon that should sync to my smart tv. Didn't work. So I used my apple tv and mirrored an FS GO program on my iPhone to the apple tv as a test.

But I'll sweat bullets until game starts and I get the same results. Anything can go wrong with the number of players (Sony TV, Charter Spectrum Cable, Fox, and Apple) that are involved. Yesterday I couldn't get an NFL game to go through the Apple TV using WatchESPN.

And these parameters do not include Emmert and the NCAA.

FYI - if you have the newer Apple TVs (with the Appstore), there is a Fox Sports Go app that you can download and watch the game with. Otherwise, I think what you did will work (you can use Airplay from your iPhone to stream to your Apple TV) ... assuming UConn nation doesn't bog down the stream ;)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Anybody know who's calling the game? Gus Johnson/Bill Raftery would be awesome, although that's probably wishful thinking on my part.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
FYI - if you have the newer Apple TVs (with the Appstore), there is a Fox Sports Go app that you can download and watch the game with. Otherwise, I think what you did will work (you can use Airplay from your iPhone to stream to your Apple TV) ... assuming UConn nation doesn't bog down the stream ;)
Older apple tv but thanks.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Jay Alpert and Stu Jackson with Andy Katz and Donny Marshall as the sideline reporters.

I guess it was wishful thinking, but two sideline reporters is a nice surprise. Especially having Donny there. Thanks for the info.

Reaction Score
Usually just stream on computer and plug in an hdmi to my tv.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well I just found out last night that I am going to miss at least the first part of the game. At least on TV. I don't know if that means 4 minutes, 8 minutes, or whatever. It will be well worth it if someone makes an (reasonable) offer on my house. On the bright side, I'll still have my phone...provided I'm not forced to give it up to one of my kids.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well I just found out last night that I am going to miss at least the first part of the game. At least on TV. I don't know if that means 4 minutes, 8 minutes, or whatever. It will be well worth it if someone makes an (reasonable) offer on my house. On the bright side, I'll still have my phone...provided I'm not forced to give it up to one of my kids.
Put the game on and hand the husband a beer and invite him to sit and watch with you while the wife looks at the house.

You're welcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom