Fox Sports 1: What I don't get | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fox Sports 1: What I don't get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think Herbst finds any aspect of our current athletic situation funny. I can't imagine what it is like to defend a $27MM budget hole when the school subsidizes the athletic program approximately that same amount.
I am sure she still looks at your avatar and remembers your past posts and laughs. If she bothers to remember.

Reaction Score
I would call a 40% increase in total day viewership, 38% increase in prime time viewership, and a 54% increase in live sports viewership in year 2 a surge. Why the surge? FS1 had better sports content in year 2. Even Big East basketball ratings are up ~30% over the numbers 2 years ago.
FS1 is tanking, actually:

http://deadspin.com/this-photo-of-john-wall-will-probably-get-more-viewers-1757330648

Last week, Sports Illustrated reported network Fox Sports 1 is ending Fox Sports Live as we know it, after the would-be SportsCenter competitor helmed by popular Canadian anchors Jay Onrait and Dan O’Toole failed to live up to its lofty projections. Its viewership was never particularly commanding, but Fox Sports Live’s ratings as measured by Nielsen have fallen through the basement in the past several months, with the program rarely managing to score even a tenth of a ratings point without the help of a major lead-in like postseason baseball or first-run UFC programming.

But Fox Sports Live isn’t the only FS1 program in search of viewers. Ratings across the network’s program schedule rarely rise above the “scratch” level, which Nielsen defines as having enough viewers to be accurately recorded. Even worse, FS1 programming is regularly beaten in the ratings by programs on networks with far fewer potential viewers—and even other Fox Sports-operated channels.

The only thing that can save them is more top-shelf content, which is exactly what the B1G would bring. My guess is they cut talent & studio costs and overpay for the B1G rights.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
My favorite show (and the only one I watch on FS1) is Garbage Time with Katie Nolan. She is funny, serious when need be and a breath of fresh air.(and super cute too;)

Reaction Score
My favorite show (and the only one I watch on FS1) is Garbage Time with Katie Nolan. She is funny, serious when need be and a breath of fresh air.(and super cute too;)
I haven't seen it but with better content and better on air talent (those Fox Sports Live guys were awful) the sooner they will improve. They will find the equivalent type of people to attract viewers, just as their Fox News channel has. Anyone who thinks Fox1 is simply going away is naive. Especially Whaler.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I haven't seen it but with better content and better on air talent (those Fox Sports Live guys were awful) the sooner they will improve. They will find the equivalent type of people to attract viewers, just as their Fox News channel has. Anyone who thinks Fox1 is simply going away is naive. Especially Whaler.

Who said it's going away.

Garbage Time is a perfect example. It's a horrible show that gets ratings so bad that you almost can't beleive it's still on.

They have zero ability to create non-event programming that people want to watch. Zero. That isn't ever going to change.

Some of you guys can't seem to stop wishcasting FS1 into something it isn't and never will be.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Careful. "Never" is a word that's caused more crows to be eaten than any other.

The whole industry is changing - they were a decade late if they wanted a chance to catch ESPN by doing the exact same things ESPN does.

Reaction Score

lol--that's the lunacy path of the FOX1 obituary writers on this board.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see the Big East s big raise in their next TV contract. I am sure it's going to be epic.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Katie-Nolan-GIF-05.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin