Four or five times we had it down to one. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Four or five times we had it down to one.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
To beat good teams you need to play well for 40 minutes or very close to it. 20, 25, or 30 won't cut it. Plays when the difference is one or two possessions are critical and no time for dumb shots, turnovers, fouls, or technicals.

Hawk played an inspired 2nd half. Couldn't hand him the ball enough, but when down one with the ball, it needs to go inside to Sanogo in a good spot. He is our most reliable scorer. Hurley needs to call that play.

We don't need to discuss the horrible clutch FT shooting. It spoke for itself.

In spite of AJ's shooting limitations, I'm all for him taking a left open 3 early in the game, but once it's not falling he needs to stop sooner. Huge recognition of this By him in the second half and made several good decisions as a result.

Reaction Score
That's the thing though, he's really not important on the defensive end - he's actually a liability there now. He's basically a matador, he can't stay in front of anyone, and his obsession with making the highlight reel plays means he's all over the place positionally and a total mess on that end.

On offense, it's even worse. He's basically Ben Simmons out there right now. Teams can sag so far off him that
1. even his absurd athleticism is rendered useless
2. even when he gets by his man he can't finish anything
3. he's forcing more passes because the defense now
4. everyone sagging off him means it's that much harder for the rest of the team to score. They're basically playing 4 v 5 out there

I don't really know what the answer is, he's not fixing his shot overnight.
I agree, it's an awful position to be in. But I would disagree with saying he has an obsession with making the highlight plays. Even though his defense isn't technically sound, he is more athletic and hustles more than most anyone has ever seen before. That's why he looks like he's obsessed with making sports center's top 10. From everything that's been said, he is known to be one of the most unselfish players on the team. My thought as I've said before is that if his man is playing off him to deny passes or clog the lane, then he should set a pick and hand the ball off to Karaban or Hawk for a 3.

Reaction Score
And every time, we just couldn't make the basket or the stop needed to take the lead. We just couldn't get it done. We would take a poor shot, or make a bad decision or turn the ball over or give up a three point play. When the opportunity presented itself, we simply could not make a winning play.

We did not lose this game in the first half. We played poorly. But this game was available for the last 15 minutes. We could climb the hill but we couldn't plant the flag.

At some point, some one needs to get it done. It ain't on Hurley, he coached his butt off. He keep us in this game by changing defenses and riding his starters. It's strange to say this, but a team that won 15 in a row, needs to learn to win.
I find it very encouraging though that this team put up 55 points in the 2nd half after being utterly putrid in the first half and they did so without a big night from AS. X is the best team in the conference imho and if not for the terrible first half we win this game going away. The light may have gone on for this coach and team. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Yawn.

MODEL challenging your own growing edge, to the benefit of the fan base and the coaching staff, and the players in-between. You continue to cop out and pleasure yourself in public when you post like this. It's cowardly, dishonest, and indecent.
Yawn, sorry to pick on your future boyfriend again. Did mommy let you stay up to watch the whole game last night?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yawn, sorry to pick on your future boyfriend again. Did mommy let you stay up to watch the whole game last night?
Not even bad AI can save you
A little rough, no?
Not for him.

He thought he'd make triumphant return to the Boneyard when the losses came, and didn't count on being reminded that when he said there were 50 coaches who could do what Hurley has, he got too far over his skis.

Now he's reheating spoiled leftovers from the back of his fridge, too afraid to live up to or live into his bold claims.

Any one of a dozen or more angry fans have more speed and spin on both serve and volley. Count on them for insights like the one you've highlighted below. Slighting you is not my motivation.
Seems like @freescooter is simply saying that the team is playing one good half a game, which is factually accurate for the most part since BE play started.
Keep reading him and you'll see that he's devolved from an annoying presence into a tired hack polishing his pet turds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom