Four Milestones | The Boneyard

Four Milestones

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There are still four milestones left to achieve for this team this year, although after tonight, none seem even remotely plausible. Still, I'll list them anyways.

1) Beat a ranked team - USF may not be ranked after their loss, but if they are, we get two chances to do with them and UCF.

2) Beat BC - arguably the most important one to me, but talk about two teams having polar opposite weekends.

3) Beat Cincy in the state of Ohio - we never seem to be able to do it. It would be nice to get it done there and maybe even pick up a little recruiting value with Ohio prospects.

4) Become bowl eligible - obviously, the most difficult because it involves accomplishing a combination of the tasks above.

Hopefully the kids understand that there are still meaningful goals to achieve and will keep on working toward accomplishing them. Do as much as you can for as long as you can...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are still four milestones left to achieve for this team this year, although after tonight, none seem even remotely plausible. Still, I'll list them anyways.

1) Beat a ranked team - USF may not be ranked after their loss, but if they are, we get two chances to do with them and UCF.

2) Beat BC - arguably the most important one to me, but talk about two teams having polar opposite weekends.

3) Beat Cincy in the state of Ohio - we never seem to be able to do it. It would be nice to get it done there and maybe even pick up a little recruiting value with Ohio prospects.

4) Become bowl eligible - obviously, the most difficult because it involves accomplishing a combination of the tasks above.

Hopefully the kids understand that there are still meaningful goals to achieve and will keep on working toward accomplishing them. Do as much as you can for as long as you can...

God bless ya.

I hope Shirreffs gets out without any more concussions. I hope the weather is good for USF and BC.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Jeez cuz I was hoping for 4-8 you got them bowl eligible lol

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
God bless ya.

I hope Shirreffs gets out without any more concussions. I hope the weather is good for USF and BC.

Like I said, none seem even remotely plausible. But who am I to judge plausibility? ;)

I just want the kids to keep working hard and for the rebuild to keep... rebuilding...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Jeez cuz I was hoping for 4-8 you got them bowl eligible lol

I still blame you for today's loss, you know. Who screws up the U-C-O-N-N???

Oh that's right... Jonathan screwed it up during the game opening. I didn't realize it was an omen of things to come... :(

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Oh that's right... Jonathan screwed it up during the game opening. I didn't realize it was an omen of things to come... :(
My wife brought the USF tix by mistake and we had to head home to get the right tix/parking. Should have known it would be a fiasco at that point.

Reaction Score

Even after another loss, like the one we watched today, your positivity and forward thinking are so profound and make coping with things much easier. In UconnDan97 we trust

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Even after another loss, like the one we watched today, your positivity and forward thinking are so profound and make coping with things much easier. In UconnDan97 we trust

Or....I found my bottle of whiskey again and I'm just typing drunk. Be careful where you place your trust... :eek:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Sorry, man they looked better than 70 point loss

Reaction Score
4 milestones.

I made it to the end of the Memphis, Holy Cross, ECU and Missouri.

I made it to the end of Tulsa too - but that wasn't quite as hard.
I have no idea why you go to CCSU games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have no idea how you go to CCSU games.

It hasn't been easy the past few seasons. I was setting up my schedule earlier today to make sure I can get to the opener @ UHart.

Reaction Score
I remember during the second year of the HCPP era Cinci came to the Rent for the last game of the year. It was cold. It was Senior Day. We had them right where we wanted them. Ride the emotion, win the game and go bowling. It was right there for the taking. What does UConn do? Cough up a stinker, that's what.

That happened at home. What will happen this year away? Well, a win would go a long way towards answering some questions about where the program is headed.

But that said, I am hoping Piendel can begin to get some PT in the next three games if they are out of reach. UConn needs to protect Bryant and give Piendel some experience.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I remember during the second year of the HCPP era Cinci came to the Rent for the last game of the year. It was cold. It was Senior Day. We had them right where we wanted them. Ride the emotion, win the game and go bowling. It was right there for the taking. What does UConn do? Cough up a stinker, that's what.

That happened at home. What will happen this year away? Well, a win would go a long way towards answering some questions about where the program is headed.

But that said, I am hoping Piendel can begin to get some PT in the next three games if they are out of reach. UConn needs to protect Bryant and give Piendel some experience.

I also remember when we beat them at the Rent in 2008 by a score of 40 - 16.

I'm specifically talking about doing it in Ohio. We've had some sort of bugaboo when we go into Ohio, and I can't explain it. We've never beaten Cincy in Ohio. The closest time was when we lost 47-45 in 2009 when they were ranked #4 in the country.

Secondly, there's no reason to "protect" Bryant. He's not playing here next year. For me, I want the best QB to play. If we're in super-garbage time, then I'm fine with Pindell getting a few reps, but I've never seen super-garbage time as a building experience for any QB anyways. Let's hope Pindell gets super-garbage time in a huge win instead of a huge loss... ;)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I also remember when we beat them at the Rent in 2008 by a score of 40 - 16.

I'm specifically talking about doing it in Ohio. We've had some sort of bugaboo when we go into Ohio, and I can't explain it. We've never beaten Cincy in Ohio. The closest time was when we lost 47-45 in 2009 when they were ranked #4 in the country.

Secondly, there's no reason to "protect" Bryant. He's not playing here next year. For me, I want the best QB to play. If we're in super-garbage time, then I'm fine with Pindell getting a few reps, but I've never seen super-garbage time as a building experience for any QB anyways. Let's hope Pindell gets super-garbage time in a huge win instead of a huge loss... ;)
That 09 Cincy game was heartbreaking loss 3/3 following Jasper’s passing. Just brutal brutal. Ironically enough I watched the game visiting my friend at BC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom