Foundation, Legacy, Ollie, etc: Calhoun's biggest contribution? | The Boneyard

Foundation, Legacy, Ollie, etc: Calhoun's biggest contribution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is how I am thinking. Ollie is going to do some amazing things in his first couple of years. His hiring and the coaching staff that will surround him will shift the College coaching paradigm. Lets say all the things about WWW, Lebron and Calimari are true. What they are saying is we will get you to the NBA and our friends will make it so. The only thing that trumps that is a line connecting past and current NBA players and a former NBA player as coach. I dont see Izzo, Calimari and anyone else going to meet with families or to the schools to meet players and having a better rapport then Ollie and his staff will. Calhoun will manage this transition. That is what he will be coaching this year and probably for a couple of years. Our guy Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Um.
This is like asking what Jefferson's biggest contribution to the Declaration of Independence was.

Calhoun built the basketball Mecca known as UConn.

I believe that suffices.

The hand off, while, at this time seemingly well-played and advantageous, would be meaningless without the foregoing creation of the edifice.

Long Live UConn Basketball. All Hail Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
This is how I am thinking. Ollie is going to do some amazing things in his first couple of years. His hiring and the coaching staff that will surround him will shift the College coaching paradigm. Lets say all the things about WWW, Lebron and Calimari are true. What they are saying is we will get you to the NBA and our friends will make it so. The only thing that trumps that is a line connecting past and current NBA players and a former NBA player as coach. I dont see Izzo, Calimari and anyone else going to meet with families or to the schools to meet players and having a better rapport then Ollie and his staff will. Calhoun will manage this transition. That is what he will be coaching this year and probably for a couple of years. Our guy Calhoun.

It really is an interesting way to look at this, and the only other school that may also have such possibilities is Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom