found the PC/SH game was on and in OT.... | The Boneyard

found the PC/SH game was on and in OT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NBE has some lousy refs. Two awful calls at the end of each OT that saved PC. Even the commentators can't restrain themselves. :mad:

Reaction Score
I wouldn't blame Willard if he choked out a ref if SH loses this game, they've been getting bent over in both OTs

Reaction Score
Not for nothing and I'm not a male chauvinist but you know you're game means very little when you get not 1, but TWO female announcers for your game! LOL…………

Tyler Harris ahead of the floor and charges, should have stopped and thrown it out but instead was allowed to be selfish………he is a decent player but watch him, he dogs it when he doesn't get the ball and pouts……I guess he wanted to be a "point forward"!!

Reaction Score
Even with the gift calls at the end of both OT's they couldn't pull it out.

And how is it they don't have a 2nd PG to replace Dunn????

Reaction Score
That really was huge bail out at the end of the 1st OT - Auda didn't do anything!

Reaction Score
Providence will be lucky to be an NIT team at this rate. With Nova, G'Town, St. John's, and Creighton coming up, this was basically a must win for them if they wanted to keep their slim tournament hopes alive. Losing at home to Seton Hall to start conference play is a killer. Color me surprised if they're .500 in conference play.

Reaction Score
I had no problem with the lack of a block at the end of OT 1 (or was it regulation? When the players went knee to knee). The player was in position, he didn't stick his knee out, he actually turned to avoid a bit of the contact. The official under the hoop was blocked out by the defender and the center official, on the near sideline, had to look through at least one other player as he was trying to gain a look.

I have no idea what the pbp tandem saw at with the final foul, though. The kid on PC not only hit the shooters arm but he slid into him, jumped, and hit the SH player with his hip. "That's minimal contact, you have to let that go." There were no fewer than three calls to be made there. Nice try ladies. They were awful all afternoon.

Reaction Score
There was also a foul called on SH with 5 seconds left in the first OT that PC then tied the game on with 2 FT's. There wasn't anything close to any contact on that drive.

dsturdy - the knee to knee was late in the 2nd OT.

Reaction Score
There was also a foul called on SH with 5 seconds left in the first OT that PC then tied the game on with 2 FT's. There wasn't anything close to any contact on that drive.

dsturdy - the knee to knee was late in the 2nd OT.

Thanks, trying to get things ready to go for our party this evening and was distracted a bit. The game seemed to blur for about a half hour. A common theme for me lately. :D

Reaction Score
Thanks, trying to get things ready to go for our party this evening and was distracted a bit. The game seemed to blur for about a half hour. A common theme for me lately. :D

I always have issues with these 2OT games...by the end I can't seem to remember what happened at the end of which OT or regulation. Unless Napier is playing. Then we know how it ended.

Reaction Score
Depaul taking it to GTown now. Strange to hear Dick Stockton again. His voice will forever remind me of UCONN/Clemson in '90.

Reaction Score
Providence will be lucky to be an NIT team at this rate. With Nova, G'Town, St. John's, and Creighton coming up, this was basically a must win for them if they wanted to keep their slim tournament hopes alive. Losing at home to Seton Hall to start conference play is a killer. Color me surprised if they're .500 in conference play.

Everyone but Nova is going to have to claw to make the tourney from the BE, including G'town and Creighton. My guess is that the other 9 teams are clawing for 2 spots.

Reaction Score
Everyone but Nova is going to have to claw to make the tourney from the BE, including G'town and Creighton. My guess is that the other 9 teams are clawing for 2 spots.

Agreed. Aside from Nova, not many OOC wins for that conference to be proud about.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would count Xavier out yet. Just that one brutal tourney.

There are so many mediocre teams that 4 bids wouldn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom