Foul on Purvis vs. Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Reminds me of the phantom foul on him during the duke game last year

Reaction Score
But seriously, one of the refs with a clean look should have overruled it as an inadvertent whistle.

pj

Reaction Score
Purvis could have easily gotten a make up call, if only he'd knocked over Sterling Gibbs on the other end.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
These new rules are just further proof that the old Big East is dead. The best teams are gone obviously, but now that style of play is going extinct. Free movement is the goal, but some of these fouls are impeding on movement and flow more than the "fouls" themselves.

Reaction Score
How does the ref on the sideline not over rule his partner there? I can see the ref on the baseline getting fooled because he's behind Purvis and just sees the Maine player go down. But the other ref has a clear side view that Purvis was 2 feet from the Maine player. It's pretty comical seeing how bad a call that was.

Reaction Score
How does the ref on the sideline not over rule his partner there? I can see the ref on the baseline getting fooled because he's behind Purvis and just sees the Maine player go down. But the other ref has a clear side view that Purvis was 2 feet from the Maine player. It's pretty comical seeing how bad a call that was.

I know it's basically impossible for anyone to process in real time, but did the ref wonder what Purvis could have done to make the Maine player fall forward like that?

The Maine player was taking a step back and Purvis was facing sideways to that player, moving past him. He would have had to have done something a lot more obvious and put some real effort into it to pull the Maine player forward, onto his knees.

At the very least, I hope the officials do some post-game review and are told "On situations like this, you guys need to huddle up and make the correct call."

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You can't arm-bar Purvis! Give him space!

Reaction Score
That ref is God awful he should be ashamed of that. Bad angle to assume!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom