Forward | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that you are one of those who, the morning after Va Tech beat us in the NIT, was convincced that our men's basketball program had fallen into an abyss that it could never climb out of.

No Ffld, no I'm the one who shows up to every game, on time and cheers for my favorite college team, regardless of the product on the field. I the fan who has been rooting for CT hoops since Welton/Hansen in the old field house. And although I dont like what is happening in conference realiegnment, will be there on Saturday's.

Reaction Score
They've won quite a bit. Hasn't mattered. They didn't have football more than 10 years ago that mattered to anyone. Unless they put up Boise State-like records, they never had a chance.

Upgrading to FBS may have been the biggest mistake in the history of the program. $150,000,000 on facilities. For what?

I know you don't believe it was mistake. There is no way to account for the cutthroat nature this conference expansion has taken. Upgrading has been great for UConn.

Reaction Score
No Ffld, no I'm the one who shows up to every game, on time and cheers for my favorite college team, regardless of the product on the field. I the fan who has been rooting for CT hoops since Welton/Hansen in the old field house. And although I dont like what is happening in conference realiegnment, will be there on Saturday's.

Hey Beasteast ,I'm there with you. You are the kind of passionate fan that me and FFC are, probably too passionate, probably spending a little more time than is justifiable stressing over these issues. You know, some people are spending just as much time over O'bama, or over the Middle East, pouring over every sentence and word, trying to divine the arcane meaning of every intonation.

We are the true believers and we will always be there for Uconn. No matter what.

Reaction Score
Attendance will be fine. Think we will average above 30,000. A good portion of the fans at the games are there for just the tailgating anyway.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Glad to hear this. I just didn't like the over the top negativity (Boise may not be top 50) on the post I responded to.

I readily admit that the situation sucks. There are few things I hate more than having to depend on someone else to solve a problem (and a large part of adding Boise St is merely to solve the BCS status issue). I personally want to see the day where we are substantial enough as a football program that we don't need someone else to be the prominent member of our conference. This season has not helped our outlook but I am not about to believe we cannot get there.

Reaction Score
The new BE will be a better football product than the ACC or the old BE. I only hope we have the time, 2-3 years minimum, to show it. The ACC is not premium college football lately.

The Conference needs to do some agressive marketing. Having a Big East championship game will help.

If the conference can get to 12 football members, get a decent TV deal or deals and keeps it's AQ status, things will stabilize for awhile.

Reaction Score
i guess that i am just venting. i have really enjoyed the BE Football Schools. i thought the rivalry's were beginning to take shape. i thought we could have gotten to new TV contract next year & really hit a home run. we all know that we arent the premier football conference, but if the numbers that i heard the SEC is doing this year(very poor) per Paul Fienbaum, we wouldnt need to be the best. i am telling you, I find myself tuning into BE games (not named UConn) a whole lot more than the Other conferences lately. i will to continue to support the home team and all conferences partners except for Rutgirls.

Reaction Score
I think with BYU, Boise St., Air Force, and Navy it will get a very nice TV contract and the up-and-comers in large markets will help as well. I'm so ready to move on too.

Is the situation ideal? Nope. Does it have a chance to work? Yes. That's all I can ask for. So welcome the new teams to the BE and let's play ball!

Reaction Score
The fact that there's even a Boise St. out there that's thinking of moving is a complete and total fluke! It wasn't in ANY of the plans of the BCS conferences that expected the current moves to be the final stake into the heart of the BE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom