Forward | The Boneyard

Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2014 .......18,000 in attendance for homecoming vs Central Fla. we will be the SubBelt North:mad:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
2014 .......18,000 in attendance for homecoming vs Central Fla. we will be the SubBelt North:mad:

What are you going to do about it? Is there anything you can do about it? Why worry?

Reaction Score
Whatever, UConn attendence is better than that when we play Fordham. I'm not worried about UConn attendence. Boise comes to town it's a full house.

Reaction Score
im sick about it. who's to say Boisse is a top 50 program in 3 years?? this is playing out worse every day. & there is nothing i can do about it.

Reaction Score
I've moved on to acceptance. I'm ready to see the Big East make the best of it. Get creative, get aggressive, and go out there and add some teams already. Boise State is ready, Air Force is ready, Houston and UCF are ready. SMU is ready. BYU may even be ready. Make it happen.

Reaction Score
Still hoping for the ACC invite. This is terrible for UConn. I blame all of the Big East football schools, including UConn. The time to get creative was years ago.

Reaction Score
The solution to this problem is winning. Not riding the coattails of supposed "storied" programs like Syracuse and Pitt and BC. How is that working for them btw? And how did Houston, UCF, and BSU achieve what they have without a BCS conference? And Louisville and Cincy before them? By being highly competent. Highly. Jim Calhoun proved it could be done where no one thought it possible. Certainly not I. Maybe PP is going to get it done, maybe not. We will see. But eventually, we will need to be highly competent.

Reaction Score
Still hoping for the ACC invite. This is terrible for UConn. I blame all of the Big East football schools, including UConn. The time to get creative was years ago.

2014 .......48,000 in attendance for homecoming vs Boston College, Flipper sits with Herbst at the game, everybody's happy. We will be in the ACC. :)

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The solution to this problem is winning. Not riding the coattails of supposed "storied" programs like Syracuse and Pitt and BC. How is that working for them btw? And how did Houston, UCF, and BSU achieve what they have without a BCS conference? And Louisville and Cincy before them? By being highly competent. Highly. Jim Calhoun proved it could be done where no one thought it possible. Certainly not I. Maybe PP is going to get it done, maybe not. We will see. But eventually, we will need to be highly competent.

They've won quite a bit. Hasn't mattered. They didn't have football more than 10 years ago that mattered to anyone. Unless they put up Boise State-like records, they never had a chance.

Upgrading to FBS may have been the biggest mistake in the history of the program. $150,000,000 on facilities. For what?

Reaction Score
They've won quite a bit. Hasn't mattered. They didn't have football more than 10 years ago that mattered to anyone. Unless they put up Boise State-like records, they never had a chance.

Upgrading to FBS may have been the biggest mistake in the history of the program. $150,000,000 on facilities. For what?
Stimulus?

Reaction Score
I'm consistently amazed at the crystal ball-reading skills of posters here. You all should be picking lotto numbers.

Reaction Score
Boise will be in a Western division. It might be 6 years before we see them in our house depeding on how many games against the other division are played each year and whether we head out there first or not. The cycle of traveling to Boise or Airforce is not an every other year thing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What are you going to do about it? Is there anything you can do about it? Why worry?

Cliched, hackneyed, etc.....but obligatory and close to our hearts nonetheless:

"What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
"What the happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer... "

Warms the cockles of my cold, cold heart.

Reaction Score

I can't even begin to understand what the purpose of a post like this is........

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can't even begin to understand what the purpose of a post like this is........

Passing anger and frustration onto others, thereby making one feel marginally better.

Reaction Score

Hope for the invite from ACC or even Big Ten. In the meantime, work hard on the New New Big East and assume no invite will ever come.

But, NEVER agree to assigning media value to the New New Big East! Agree to a huge fee for leaving, but not to any assignment of rights.

Reaction Score
I don't get the total negativity here. Yes the situation looks bad right now just like back in 2003. I have moved on and accepted the reality we are in.

We can't depend on any other schools out there. We have to depend on ourselves to grow this football program.

There are definitely some positives with the new additions. I believe they will all thrive in the new BE.

- UCF will be another sleeping giant.
- Boise already got plan to expand their football stadium to 50K whether they are in the BE or not. I believe they make it happen in 2013.
- Houston already raised most of the money to totally redo their football stadium. They also got access to Texan's stadium 2 miles down the road.
- SMU will rise from the ashes. They were a storied program at one time. Jones got them on the fast path.

/Navy will add some much needed academic boost. They will be steady and with them in the BE I doubt BE will lose its BCS bid.

If BE also add BYU, it could be a very nice conference going forward. It will also get a very nice TV deal.

I am ready to move on at this point.

Reaction Score
If BE also add BYU, it could be a very nice conference going forward. It will also get a very nice TV deal.

I am ready to move on at this point.

I think with BYU, Boise St., Air Force, and Navy it will get a very nice TV contract and the up-and-comers in large markets will help as well. I'm so ready to move on too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We'll be fine.

If football suffers I can live with that. I really do not want basketball to suffer. Adding a bunch of poor to mediocre teams for all sports essentially results in UConn in Conf USA. My biggest concern is that we'll end up in an irrelevant basketball league. Only Houston is even arguably adequate at basketball. If we split the BE off entirely, and added no new teams to the BE, while creating a new separate football only conference, OK. Inviting CFU, Houston and SMU to play BE for all sports? No thanks. Independence in football is preferable.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No thanks. Independence in football is preferable.

I don't mean to be a , because I definitely respect your opinion on these boards, but how in the world do you think UConn can pull off football independence?

The independents are the Navy, Army, ND and BYU. Two service academies and two national religious institutions. If we were independent we would play a schedule similar to Army's.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't mean to be a , because I definitely respect your opinion on these boards, but how in the world do you think UConn can pull off football independence?

The independents are the Navy, Army, ND and BYU. Two service academies and two national religious institutions. If we were independent we would play a schedule similar to Army's.

Notre Dame has already said they value playing UConn in hoops, men and women, very highly. While it provides no leverage in the BE, where they get those games anyway, as a football independent, it provides a bargaining chip. I think there are a number of football programs that would be willing to schedule us in exchange for home and home hoops games. Kansas? Virginia? Plus I think Pitt and Syracuse would be willing, along with some others. BYU and Navy would probably be happy to add UConn.

Understand, I think an invite to the ACC or B1G will come, and this is intended as a stop-gap for a couple years.

Reaction Score
I think with BYU, Boise St., Air Force, and Navy it will get a very nice TV contract and the up-and-comers in large markets will help as well. I'm so ready to move on too.
I'm totally ready. In fact, I prefer not to be in conference with these pretentious wanna be football schools in the ACC. The ACC is yesterday. It's the no exitement conference. Just a bunch of uninteresting (Except for Clemson, FSU, VT and Miami) dead beat, nothing programs that all look alike and are all boring. Miami is cool because it's Miami. VT is a great program. Clemson is SEC all the way. FSU is pretty exciting sometimes. But the rest of the dregs? And we would be one of them, one of the worst of the dregs. We already can't recruit. Put us in conference with a bunch of look a like dregs, and it only gets worse, because we look just like them.

I prefer something different. Maybe I'm just ADHD, but I'm good with the Western flavor.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
im sick about it. who's to say Boisse is a top 50 program in 3 years?? this is playing out worse every day. & there is nothing i can do about it.
I'm guessing that you are one of those who, the morning after Va Tech beat us in the NIT, was convincced that our men's basketball program had fallen into an abyss that it could never climb out of.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It's possible Jim Calhoun never coaches a game in the new BE. And Boeheim retires after the 2014 season never to coach in the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom