Formula 1: Drive to Survive-Netflix | The Boneyard

Formula 1: Drive to Survive-Netflix

Reaction Score
I have been binge watching this. It’s from the same people that did the Senna Documentary a few years ago.

I’ve been an F1 fan on an off for most of my life, but this series will probably suck me back in. It’s in whatever Netflix thinks 4K is and the race footage is phenomenal. It covers the 2018 season so it is very recent.

It’s kind of like Hard Knocks or the Manchester City Amazon Documentary except it covers many of the teams and personalities in the sport. It’s basically real life Game of Thrones with race cars. Your teammate is your worst enemy and there really isn’t another sport like that. Formula 1 has always been really secretive so this sort of access is pretty amazing and is probably what F1 needs in my opinion, particularly when it come to growing the American fanbase.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm an F1 watcher because I'm amazed at how well those vehicles handle at the speeds they run. But the US audience will not catch on until they find a way to make it more competitive, a similar issue that NASCAR is facing. Clean air has too much effect. Bottas won this past weekend by almost 21 seconds and the race was never in question after lap 1. In both racing series I want to see more battles, especially for the lead. I've actually stopped watching NASCAR because it seemed whoever got the lead after a caution would stay there until the next caution. Very stale. I only watch F1 now because it's often on very early (or on the DVR) and doesn't require as much time as a 500 mile NASCAR race.

Reaction Score
I'm an F1 watcher because I'm amazed at how well those vehicles handle at the speeds they run. But the US audience will not catch on until they find a way to make it more competitive, a similar issue that NASCAR is facing. Clean air has too much effect. Bottas won this past weekend by almost 21 seconds and the race was never in question after lap 1. In both racing series I want to see more battles, especially for the lead. I've actually stopped watching NASCAR because it seemed whoever got the lead after a caution would stay there until the next caution. Very stale. I only watch F1 now because it's often on very early (or on the DVR) and doesn't require as much time as a 500 mile NASCAR race.

I only watch F1, IndyCar and IMSA. I can’t stand gratuitous overtaking like we see sometimes in NASCAR or in the old Indy Racing League. However F1 could definitely use a pass for leader that it is actually on the track and not in the pits more often.

Also the thing I always really dig about F1 is that the qualifying in many cases IS the race. Qualifying should matter. Less full course cautions on road and street courses is nice too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom