Former UNC guard Caleb Love decommits from Michigan | The Boneyard

Former UNC guard Caleb Love decommits from Michigan

Reaction Score
Any UConn interest here? one of the best guards is back on transfer market. Apparently Michigan admissions was the issue and this was their call not his.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If his name was Caleb Smith, former 3 star from Tulane, nobody would be interested. Hard pass.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No, no, no.

the office GIF

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not saying he is a fit for UConn but plenty of teams would like him
I feel he is a better player than most remarks here portray him to be.

Reaction Score
He's a legit high-major player. Just not a lead guard on a team with championship aspirations IMO.
He started on the 2022 UNC team that had the lead in the national championship with under 2 min to go. Didn't have the best individual game and they obviously didn't close it out..but that's closer to championship aspirations than nearly every other lead guard in the country can say.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Idk what’s up with UM admissions. This happened with Terrence Shannon last year too allegedly I think
They’re not friendly to transfers at all. Pretty much have to be a grad transfer to have a smooth process or come from a Stanford.

Reaction Score
Below is the copied and pasted message I posted on the Portal thread regarding Caleb Love earlier today:

Hard pass on Caleb Love. His shot selection is so bad I don't want that infecting any UConn team.

I will add this. Even if he goes to a competitor and plays well against UConn, the most he could hurt UConn would be 4 times (home, away, BET, and NCAAT). If he plays on UConn he can hurt UConn for the entire season of games. It was a common perception, and probably reality, that players on North Carolina didn't get along and that Caleb Love was a big part of that. Don't blame Armando Bacot for the lousy 2023 season-that guy plays his heart out.

Reaction Score
That’s really embarrassing to him and UNC.

I hope it is humiliating for UNC turds. I developed so much resentment towards that program with how the NCAA handled no-show majors versus graduation rate. 2 more ships helped, though.

Love should go to Mizzou where he has a connection or a low tier P5. This kid is both a floor raiser and a ceiling “minimizer” so I think that upside risk makes sense.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This makes me recall that BCU had their best ever team with players that couldn't get in to UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom