Former UConn QB Chandler Whitmer signed by Arena Football League's Albany Empire | The Boneyard

Former UConn QB Chandler Whitmer signed by Arena Football League's Albany Empire

Reaction Score
Thanks buddy. Not sure why you don't like Chandler, but we here at #teamwhitmer are pretty excited.

Best wishes to #teamhomeeconomics
I wish him all the best. He represented the university with class. It's his won/loss record I don't miss.

Reaction Score
Because Bryant Shirreffs isn't available.
They both got their bells rung a few too many times. They are both personable young men with bright career futures. Why risk that? Crazy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They both got their bells rung a few too many times. They are both personable young men with bright career futures. Why risk that? Crazy.

Because he wants to. With all the information out there, do you not think at this point Whitmer is going into this thing with his eyes wide open?

Besides, the hits in the arena leagues are generally less vicious and the field is much smaller.

Reaction Score
I wish him all the best. He represented the university with class. It's his won/loss record I don't miss.

Pal, no attack but to hold the QB responsible for the win / loss record in that era is out loud laughable. These were the years that was the end of Paul and George, TJ as an interim and the beginning of Wacky Bob. To put the W's or L's on Whitmer is simply nothing close to reality...I'll leave it at that.

Reaction Score
Pal, no attack but to hold the QB responsible for the win / loss record in that era is out loud laughable. These were the years that was the end of Paul and George, TJ as an interim and the beginning of Wacky Bob. To put the W's or L's on Whitmer is simply nothing close to reality...I'll leave it at that.
I also watched the games. He was largely responsible for the losses. He one went 10 quarters without leading the offense to a TD of any kind.

TEN QUARTERS.

In other words, "Woof."

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I also watched the games. He was largely responsible for the losses. He one went 10 quarters without leading the offense to a TD of any kind.

TEN QUARTERS.

In other words, "Woof."
Apropos of nothing, The 2000 Baltimore Ravens offense went 20 quarters without a TD. They won the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Tim, Very Impressive! Given that we already know he has an NFL arm he's a lock to be in someone's camp in the spring. I posted many times that he had NFL talent, it was just undeveloped.

Tim is someone who actually has the physical talent to be the next Kurt Warner. I hope it happens. Coaching will be key.

Listen to the first comment on this video, it hits home and is so very true.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCONN had QB talent during this downward spiral. Boyle, Whitmer, Lagow, Nebrich and Cochran could play at this level. But they played behind OLs that were never developed and coaching staffs that were incompetent especially with offense. P sent this program on a downward spiral and Diaco wasn’t remotely ready to right the ship. QB play was a symptom of complete and utter failure of these coaching staffs.

Reaction Score
I am glad both players continued to have enough love for the game to keep trying to find a way to play after the experience of UCONN football in the PP/GDL/BD era. Boyle was never helped by his OC's and then there was the receivers who kept dropping the ball. The two main OC's were offensive line coaches. Good luck to both players.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UCONN had QB talent during this downward spiral. Boyle, Whitmer, Lagow, Nebrich and Cochran could play at this level. But they played behind OLs that were never developed and coaching staffs that were incompetent especially with offense. P sent this program on a downward spiral and Diaco wasn’t remotely ready to right the ship. QB play was a symptom of complete and utter failure of these coaching staffs.

Lagow left, Cochran got hurt, there isn’t actual evidence that Nebrich or Boyle could play at this level and Whitmer was ok.

Reaction Score
Agreed. My point was simply there was talent with which to work. Wasn't the coaches fault that Cochran got hurt, but everybody else either bailed or was misused. Deleone should have been fired after letting Whitmer go wide on that crazy play where he got lit up against Cincy.

The stupid twins were just poison in my opinion. Diaco was just plain incompetent. Tom Brady wouldn't have have been successful with that group of ...........

Reaction Score
Whitmer was always more concerned with his little arm sleeve then playing QB.

Reaction Score
Thanks buddy. Not sure why you don't like Chandler, but we here at #teamwhitmer are pretty excited.

Best wishes to #teamhomeeconomics

Ryan Griffin:s Dad here: If you get close to the Whitmer family give them our best, Chandler was always a class act along with his family. He always wanted to win, and never stopped trying. He also knew how to handle a loss, which is always a good measure of a person. Post-wins are easy living until next week. Godspeed Chandler.

PS Go Lady Huskies. Man what a joy to watch a superbly coached team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom