Former UConn Players give their thoughts on our current 2022-2023 team | The Boneyard

Former UConn Players give their thoughts on our current 2022-2023 team

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Taurasi thinks the most important factor for UConn next season will be Paige Bueckers’ health. The 2021 National Player of the Year missed 19 games with a knee injury before returning to action on Feb. 25 and playing the rest of the season.

“I think Paige has to get healthy,” Taurasi said. “Making sure her body’s ready for eight months. Because it’s a long season, a lot of hard teams you play against, a lot of traveling. The kid works her ass off and loves basketball, so I’m not worried about that.”

Reaction Score

Taurasi thinks the most important factor for UConn next season will be Paige Bueckers’ health. The 2021 National Player of the Year missed 19 games with a knee injury before returning to action on Feb. 25 and playing the rest of the season.

“I think Paige has to get healthy,” Taurasi said. “Making sure her body’s ready for eight months. Because it’s a long season, a lot of hard teams you play against, a lot of traveling. The kid works her ass off and loves basketball, so I’m not worried about that.”
Looks like an interesting story... sadly, I'm not a subscriber. Enjoy!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought this was pretty cool:

The way they talked about UConn — even in Hungary they know about this college in Storrs, Connecticut. And to see their eyes light up and how proud they were of Dorka, like, ‘We have a Hungarian!’ I was like, ‘Wow,’ you know?”

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Looks like an interesting story... sadly, I'm not a subscriber. Enjoy!
You should be able to read the article by going to the URL and clicking the lock symbol. A drop down menu will appear, and by selecting site settings another drop down appears. Look for the word javascript, and select block. This lets you read the article. I know that some people believe that is not quite acceptable, and if you feel that way do not do it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought this was pretty cool:

The way they talked about UConn — even in Hungary they know about this college in Storrs, Connecticut. And to see their eyes light up and how proud they were of Dorka, like, ‘We have a Hungarian!’ I was like, ‘Wow,’ you know?”
Her follow up quote was great too:

Seeing their reaction <Hungarian players> made Williams feel special and gave her a regained sense of pride in the program she was part of. But beyond that, Williams believes Juhász is the X-factor for UConn.

I think she’s a big reason why they couldn’t pull [the national championship] out, you know, her injury,” Williams said. “I think if she’s on the floor they would have won
.”

Reaction Score
You should be able to read the article by going to the URL and clicking the lock symbol. A drop down menu will appear, and by selecting site settings another drop down appears. Look for the word javascript, and select block. This lets you read the article. I know that some people believe that is not quite acceptable, and if you feel that way do not do it.
BF, help me a bit more here. Where's the "lock symbol"? Once I find that, I'll ask the next stupid question. Hey, I'm no youngster, etc.

Reaction Score
BF, help me a bit more here. Where's the "lock symbol"? Once I find that, I'll ask the next stupid question. Hey, I'm no youngster, etc.
OK, next stupid question. Found the lock symbol, clicked on it, menu dropped down but showed no "site settings." So. . .

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Had to save this thread to my reading list. For some reason, the Courant is blocked in Spain, a bit amusing …

Reaction Score
OK, next stupid question. Found the lock symbol, clicked on it, menu dropped down but showed no "site settings." So. . .
Just right click on the link and go to "read in incognito window" or "private window".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It was my one free article of the day. Any other Courant content must be super interesting for me to use my freebie. This was a pretty great article. I loved this observation from Kia Nurse:

“Hopefully they can stay healthy because they’ve got great pieces,” Nurse said. “And as soon as those pieces continue to click together, I mean that’s how we won our championships — everybody eats and having a great time playing out there.”

Reaction Score
It must be so awesome for former players to watch each year’s team come together.

Reaction Score
I agree with Gabby about Dorka. If she'd been healthy she definitely would have been a factor on the boards at both ends. Lack of rebounding just killed the Huskies and as much as I love Nika when she is your top rebounder something is not right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom