Former UConn OC Joe Moorhead’s Name Emerging At Rutgers To Replace Chris Ash | The Boneyard

Former UConn OC Joe Moorhead’s Name Emerging At Rutgers To Replace Chris Ash

Reaction Score
Swore I posted this somewhere the other day... stranger things have happened.

>>Moorhead might one day decide he doesn’t want to live with the pressure and expectations that come with coaching in the SEC West. He knows not everywhere around the country will an 11-8 record through 19 games prompt fan pushback and calls for a coaching change. Moorhead is a well-liked coach who is down-to-Earth and remarkably normal in an industry full of ego and paranoia. He’d get another job, whether as a head coach or coordinator, even if Mississippi State kept trending downward.

Football Scoop had a long piece earlier this month detailing why it could make sense for Moorhead to leave MSU to go to Rutgers. Moorhead, a born and bred Pennsylvanian, had never coached below the Mason-Dixon line before heading to Mississippi State and could presumably, the theory goes, want to return to his Northeast roots. Rutgers has interest in the former Penn State coordinator replacing Chris Ash, according to NJ.com, and Moorhead danced around the possibility when asked about it.

It would be a massive step down for Moorhead even if it meant going to a Big 10 program. There isn’t a worse Power 5 job in the country than Rutgers which doesn’t get 1/100th of the in-state attention and support that Mississippi State does. Greg Schiano was mostly beloved at Rutgers and he was all of one game above .500 during his 11 seasons there. It’s only gotten harder to win since then with Rutgers now in the dreaded Big Ten East division with Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Michigan State.<<

Reaction Score
He is a good fit there and the Big Ten may be easier to navigate than the SEC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Makes some sense, although Moorhead would be jumping into perhaps the most difficult job in FBS. One of the few jobs more challenging than ours.

Reaction Score
Makes some sense, although Moorhead would be jumping into perhaps the most difficult job in FBS. One of the few jobs more challenging than ours.
I have to say there is no job more challenging than ours because the University doesn’t care and is letting it die a slow death. Rutgers at least gives a sheet, even if they are their own clown show. We wouldn’t even pay for guy like that. Or, if we did, his staff would be at 10.50 hour wages.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I believe Rule #1 dictates that Joe does take the RU job one year before Randy leaves and turns RU into Va Tech.

Reaction Score
Day dreaming here, Joe takes big buck buyout for less stress. He and Randy kiss and make up, comes to UConn as our OC next year. Money not a problem with the MS buyout. He and family were happy the first time and this time the AD is smart enough to let him be known as the HC in waiting. Of course he also brings RB coach Richardson back in the fold also................ Damn it!!! Just woke up...........

Reaction Score
Moorhead is an outstanding coach who made a poor career decision to coach in the South.

He would be in demand for just about any head job in the B1G or northern portion of the ACC. There is no way he is ever setting foot here again.

I would hope that he would be smart enough to avoid a place like Rutgers as well.

Reaction Score
Joe would be a great hire for Rutgers. Not sure how Rutgers would be for Joe however.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Although history disagrees, I still think Rutgers can be a good job. I haven't been following them closely lately, but Ash's salary makes it look like they are spending money on football. Good recruiting area and B1G money.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In Moorhead and Pikiel (sp?) they will have a couple talented coaches. Will they actually be able to do anything though?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
seeing the name Joe Moorhead associated in any way with Snookie is me "Et tu Brute?" moment.
UConn had him in the fold once upon a time.

Reaction Score
Day dreaming here, Joe takes big buck buyout for less stress. He and Randy kiss and make up, comes to UConn as our OC next year. Money not a problem with the MS buyout. He and family were happy the first time and this time the AD is smart enough to let him be known as the HC in waiting. Of course he also brings RB coach Richardson back in the fold also...... Damn it!!! Just woke up......
Is that a dream or nightmare?

Reaction Score
hey Joe (where you going with that gun in your hand)

JOE ... please give your friends in Connecticut a Home & Home - thank you

Reaction Score
Moorhead is an outstanding coach who made a poor career decision to coach in the South.

He would be in demand for just about any head job in the B1G or northern portion of the ACC. There is no way he is ever setting foot here again.

I would hope that he would be smart enough to avoid a place like Rutgers as well.
If we had our Sugar honey iced tea together, he'd be ideal here...

Reaction Score
Day dreaming here, Joe takes big buck buyout for less stress. He and Randy kiss and make up, comes to UConn as our OC next year. Money not a problem with the MS buyout. He and family were happy the first time and this time the AD is smart enough to let him be known as the HC in waiting. Of course he also brings RB coach Richardson back in the fold also...... Damn it!!! Just woke up......
You make this sound as if it's a happy dream. How on earth is keeping Edsall not a Freddy Krueger nightmare?

Reaction Score
Such a bummer. My god, why didn’t we hire this guy years ago.

Reaction Score
Didn’t realize how special he was until he went to Penn State and blew up.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Maybe skip over that dumpster fire and come to this inferno

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member