Former UConn Linebacker Catching On With Tampa Bay (Des) | The Boneyard

Former UConn Linebacker Catching On With Tampa Bay (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-danny-lansanah-bucs-1026-20141025-story.html

>>Almost five years removed from his first brief NFL stint as an undrafted free agent in 2008 with the Green Bay Packers, Lansanah is back, this time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was picked up off the Jets practice squad (one of many he had been on since helping the Huskies reach the Meineke Car Care Bowl in 2007) last December.

He is making the most of this chance. Not only has Lansanah played in as many games this year as he had with two teams combined previously, but he's starting for Tampa Bay and already has two interception returns for touchdowns through six games.<<

Reaction Score
DoctorWho85 said:
Every week I look at TB stat lines to see what Lansanah. He definitely shows what hard work and determination can get you.

Setting aside the economic benefits for Lansanah and positive PR for UCONN football, his individual perseverance and resulting successes are a great example for the troubled teenagers he counseled in his early career. Winning!

Reaction Score
VAHuskyFan said:
Can't believe it's taken the NFL this long to realize how great Lansanah is. His nose for the ball at UConn bordered on Minority Report precognition.

It isn't talent. It is relative talent. And everyone in the NFL was great in college. Sometimes hard work is the differentiator, but in many cases it is situational who makes it and who doesn't. Numbers, scheme, injuries, etc.

So happy for him. He has earned this. Just glad he stuck it out long enough.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 3:56pm via TweetDeck
Looks like Jonathan Casillas, vying for PT with former #UConn LB Danny Lansanah, will be traded from TB Bucs to NE Patriots

When I saw the Facebook post that a TB LB was being traded to the Patriots, I got super excited that Lansanah might be going to my favorite team, but it was just Jonathan Casillas and I was mildly disappointed.

Reaction Score
Fincher, Lansanah, Lutrus, Bama, Sio. Man have we turned out some backers.
Greg Lloyd.

Also, Casillas if i'm not mistaken was a HS teammate of Andre Dixon's whose mom wanted him to come to UConn and he was all set to come here till he took an official visit to Wisconsin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom