Former Recruit Transferring from Iowa | The Boneyard

Former Recruit Transferring from Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From rantsports.com.....how about the comment about "irrelevant East Coast outfits"? When was Iowa relevant?

"Freshman wide receiver Marcus Grant has decided to transfer from the University of Iowa football team, per his Twitter account. Grant, who played both football and basketball at Lawrence Academy in Groton, Massachusetts, was the first player to commit to the Hawkeyes for the 2011 class. He was a consensus three-star recruit and had offers from Syracuse, Connecticut, and other irrelevant East Coast outfits.

Grant cited “family issues” as the reason for the transfer, not coaching problems or a desire for more playing time, but the fact that he mentioned those possible motives in his Twitter post may suggest a more insidious reason. "

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i posted about him a couple weeks ago when the news came out. word in the bcu crowd is that he will be a eagle but it hasn't happen yet and spaz almost never takes transfers so i think uconn may still be in it with him. he is friends with several uconn guys and also friends with shabazz. will be interesting to see where he ends up. bcu should be the landing spot but i think we may be in it. he played in a couple games this year for iowa as a frosh so my thought is if he is good enough to play there as a frosh then hes good enough to make the rotation of our wr's which will be alot of new faces and deeper next year.

also a teammate of his from pa that also got time at iowa is transfering to be closer to home. forget his name tho. we may also be looking at him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom