Former PSU grad assistant speaks out.....WOW | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Former PSU grad assistant speaks out.....WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are right it wasn't directed at you...per say.

I just think this guy's portrayal of the Joe Pa "kingdom" makes sense.

Why do you think all the people that knew of the "incident" kept quiet?

Could it be Joe Pa had everyone controlled in some way and if this came out, even right after it happened, it would destroy the man who "made PSU what it is" so it's protect Joe Pa at all costs?

You can't make believe an AD and VP did not care enough about child rape to call police. They just cared more about almighty Joe Pa and the almighty PSU. This is a case that borders on fear and brainwashing.

FWIW, because I don't think that was directed at me, I am not doubting the credibility of the former assistant's statement. Just its importance.

Ultimately, JoePa acted illegally in covering up the rapes, or he didn't, and JoePa acted immorally in covering up the rapes, or he didn't. From what I've seen the answer is almost certainly "yes" to the latter question, but probably "no" to the former. But debates about "he is or he isn't" otherwise a good guy are utterly irrelevant to the questions at hand, and frankly not very important. Almost every human being on earth is a "good guy" greater than 0% of the time and less than 100% of the time. Anecdotes as to what that percentage is for anyone when you're really debating specific actions or inactions don't add anything.

Reaction Score
You are right it wasn't directed at you...per say.

I just think this guy's portrayal of the Joe Pa "kingdom" makes sense.

Why do you think all the people that knew of the "incident" kept quiet?

Could it be Joe Pa had everyone controlled in some way and if this came out, even right after it happened, it would destroy the man who "made PSU what it is" so it's protect Joe Pa at all costs?

You can't make believe an AD and VP did not care enough about child rape to call police. They just cared more about almighty Joe Pa and the almighty PSU. This is a case that borders on fear and brainwashing.

I agree with all of that. I just don't think the article particularly helps you, or anyone, make the case that you just made.

Reaction Score
There is no way Paterno didn't know his campus police were staking out a home with his defensive coordinator as the target in 1998. He may have found out after the fact but he had to know. The day will come when his statue will be put on a truck and taken to be melted down.

Reaction Score
There is no way Paterno didn't know his campus police were staking out a home with his defensive coordinator as the target in 1998. He may have found out after the fact but he had to know. The day will come when his statue will be put on a truck and taken to be melted down.

Uh, you do realize that investigation was dropped, right? Not sure why it's significant when he didn't do the right thing in 2002.

Reaction Score
By sweeping the problem under the rug it made continued abuses like 2002 possible.

Reaction Score
By sweeping the problem under the rug it made continued abuses like 2002 possible.

Did you read the grand jury report? It wasn't swept under the rug. There were three separate investigations. One by UP Police, one by local police and the Centre County DA, and also one investigation by the state child protection. They even conducted a sting.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There really isn't much to that article. He has no information on what PSU is currently going through, and only offers speculation on what might be. He has a right to his opinion, but that's all it is...an opinion.

I am friends with a former PSU player, and the image that Upstater portrays is more in line with everything that I have heard.
And upstater's experience is more in line with the experience of anyone who lives around State College.

Reaction Score
So you KNOW from your two personal encounters with Paterno that he is not an ?

Is this concise enough?

Judging from the others in this thread who have had personal encounters or are friends with those who have, I'd say the evidence shows that my experience is not unusual.

Reaction Score
Penn State ought to take a 5 year moritorium on football. Just let the stadium sit and the dust settle. Present players free to transfer out and play immediately. Time will heal all wounds . . . and a new broom will sweep clean with a brand new start. "WE'LL BE PENN STATE" can become the new mantra going forward.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
No one who had an open mind about Paterno and what may have happened would give this story any attention. If you're trying to be patient and fair until you see where the facts come out, there is just nothing material, or even interesting, in this author's comments about him.
Nothing material... but I do find his general point about how organizations work is relevant/interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom