Former Huskies Elsewhere | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Former Huskies Elsewhere

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Adams had another solid showing last night agains Md. they’re a exciting team.played Ayala well too
Maryland stats:
669F9D81-42DA-42CB-BDA1-F02EF06B1E29.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ollie recruits still in college
Jackson
langford
Mathew’s
carlton
Polley
Whaley
Kisunis
Aikijo
Actually that’s not a bad team
Who starts ?
Who was the high recruit that left for Notre dame.

Reaction Score
Carlton had 6 points on 7 shots last outing against future AAC member Rice. Also registered 1 rebound and 1 steal.

Vance Jackson putting up some pretty poor numbers at ECU. Somehow his Freshman year under Ollie was the most efficient shooting season of his career.

Reaction Score
Carlton had 6 points on 7 shots last outing against future AAC member Rice. Also registered 1 rebound and 1 steal.

Vance Jackson putting up some pretty poor numbers at ECU. Somehow his Freshman year under Ollie was the most efficient shooting season of his career.
Maybe KO’s “just get in the gym” advice wasn’t bad after all

Reaction Score
I believe Durham is playing professionally in Lithuanian.
I watched his box scores when he was at ND. He was super efficient, often shooting at 80%. He always had some rebounds and blocks. I wondered why he didn't get more playing time, or we didn't hear about him. But then I watched a few minutes of ND games here or there and each time I thought maybe he was injured because I didn't notice him playing. He was just so passive. It's ok to let the game come to you if you are otherwise pressing or struggling, but sometimes you need to be bold and that didn't seem to be natural for Juwan.

I never rooted against any of the Ollie transfers. There were too many transfers and stories to hold it against a kid for wanted to get out of what looked like a toxic situation. But I never really rooted for them either. I'm rooting for Brendan Adams though.

Reaction Score
I only made this thread for former student athletes here who made it till midterms in the jersey.

Best of luck to him tho
He was always going to be a high ceiling low floor prospect. Curious to see how he progresses over the next couple seasons.

Reaction Score
He was always going to be a high ceiling low floor prospect. Curious to see how he progresses over the next couple seasons.
Oh for sure. I was just joking. I hope it all works well for him

Reaction Score
I couldn’t be rooting harder for Adams and Carlton. They seemed like good guys who gave their all, even when they didn’t get as much playing time as they probably wanted. Carlton stayed when it would have been so easy to leave.

Vance Jackson? I would never root against a college kid. Still, there is no indication UConn or Ollie were what was holding him back. Good for him for sticking around and hopefully enjoying playing college hoops, though.

Reaction Score
Maybe KO’s “just get in the gym” advice wasn’t bad after all
I think playing was Jalen Adams had more to do with.
Jackson needed someone to not only create for him but who was alway going to get a lot of defensive focus.
Wide open shots off the feed usually result in higher percentages.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Carlton may not finish as well as he should but his footwork and positioning is so much better
Sampson has done some good work with him
They just showed a stat that over a period of last 5 years, Houston has the second most wins - right behind Zaga
I am not the biggest Sampson fan - there is that slimy period he went through - but the guy can coach

Reaction Score
I think playing was Jalen Adams had more to do with.
Jackson needed someone to not only create for him but who was alway going to get a lot of defensive focus.
Wide open shots off the feed usually result in higher percentages.
Yeah no doubt. For how bad that team was, there was some legit talent between Adams, Purvis, Brimah, and senior year Facey. Vance Jackson and CV were far from the top of the scouting report.

Reaction Score
Vance Jackson. Wow... It's totally wild to see KO recruits still in college given how much different the program is right now. Felt like that was a decade ago, but really only a few years...
When I think of Jackson I wonder how his life might be different if, allegedly, his dad didn't "encourage" his transfer from UConn.
One year here, sat out a year then played two at New Mexico, then one year as a grad transfer at Arkansas and now at ECU.

His stats have steadily gone down except for his 2 Pt % in his second year at New Mexico. At 6'9", shooting 39.7% from 3 his freshman year at UConn, it looked as if he was primed for a pro career somewhere. But now?

He has to have doubts about his ability and his future and lots of thoughts about what might have been if he stayed. Sometimes a change of scenery benefits the player but I'm not sure I can name one who has gone on to greatness after leaving the Huskies. Hopefully BA will do well.

Reaction Score
Carlton may not finish as well as he should but his footwork and positioning is so much better
Sampson has done some good work with him
They just showed a stat that over a period of last 5 years, Houston has the second most wins - right behind Zaga
I am not the biggest Sampson fan - there is that slimy period he went through - but the guy can coach
I'm not a Sampson apologist, but it's almost a joke how he was treated compared to Pearl, Wade, Self, Calipari and some others who seem to out Teflon Joseph John Gotti, Jr.

If I recall correctly his biggest offenses were "illegal texts", similar to JC when we were after Nate Miles. Maybe there was more but it pales compared to what's on the audio tapes of some of our heralded Hall of Fame coaches.

Reaction Score
When I think of Jackson I wonder how his life might be different if, allegedly, his dad didn't "encourage" his transfer from UConn.
One year here, sat out a year then played two at New Mexico, then one year as a grad transfer at Arkansas and now at ECU.

His stats have steadily gone down except for his 2 Pt % in his second year at New Mexico. At 6'9", shooting 39.7% from 3 his freshman year at UConn, it looked as if he was primed for a pro career somewhere. But now?

He has to have doubts about his ability and his future and lots of thoughts about what might have been if he stayed. Sometimes a change of scenery benefits the player but I'm not sure I can name one who has gone on to greatness after leaving the Huskies. Hopefully BA will do well.

He never showed the foot speed to be an NBA player. And like others before and after him (see, e.g., Smith, Roscoe), he resisted wanting to build his game on height and strength and playing inside because that wouldn'tlead to the NBA, and instead wanted to be Magic Johnson.

Reaction Score
I always thought Carlton was far better than the average evaluation here on the old Boneyard. However. He was extraordinarily useful for some teams/offenses/defenses and not playable in some circumstances. Neither Ollie nor Hurley made a part of their offense for Carlton; and that says a bunch on what they saw in practive - IMHO. Sampson had a plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom