former HC PP to the NY Giants? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

former HC PP to the NY Giants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As a Giants fan - NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Ray Handley Era 2.0. What's the percentage of non-Giant fans who are hoping there is a spot on the offensive staff for George DeLeone for a pro football team in New Jersey, not named the Jets? 99.7/98%? Has it reached 100 yet?

Reaction Score
This sucks...it might be time to become a Steeler's fan

If this comes to fruition, I'll bet that Kate & Rooney Mara will just start associating with their mom's family's team also. Note to Kate: strawberry blondes look better dressed in blue than yellow. Or maybe she'll just wear black to go into mourning.

Reaction Score
Any word on where good old HCRE landed? Or is he ready to spend retirement eating wheetabix and writing memoirs about "values", "eye discipline" and "want to".
Looks like he's sitting out and taking a year off.

Reaction Score
CPP did a poor job with us, but is well regarded as an NFL coach. The year after Syr. he was signed to a 1/2 million dollar contract with Dallas. Let's forget his time with us, he is still a productive NFL guy:):).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm going to say something extremely unpopular here on the Boneyard, but I believe that PP knows defense and can coach defense. I think he'll do a good job for the Giants.

Do I want him back as the head coach of UConn? No. No, dear God. No. But he does know defense...

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni knows football - if he wasn't good, why do NFL teams consistently hire him? If he goes to the Giants, I would think he would do a good job.
Because the NFL just rehires people over and over. If he was good he would stay longer than a year at his last 2 jobs.

Reaction Score
I'm going to say something extremely unpopular here on the Boneyard, but I believe that PP knows defense and can coach defense. I think he'll do a good job for the Giants.

Do I want him back as the head coach of UConn? No. No, dear God. No. But he does know defense...

I agree and it's not like the Giants defense can get any worse than it was last year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I usually don't believe in karma, but this surely feels like it to all of those Giants fans gloating over the Patriots loss on Sunday. And sadly, I would still feel bad for all of you. I wouldn't wish a PP or GDL on my worst enemies (Jets, Rex Ryan)! :D

Reaction Score

He had three horrific years at UCONN 10-18 so I understand why all the Boneyard angst against and emotion aimed at PP. I sat through those painful years and never want to go back. However, if one looks objectively at PP's total body of work which includes time as the Dallas Cowboys Defensive coordinator and coaching the D-line - linebackers for the Dolphins, Bears and Texans, it's apparent the PP knows defensive football and is more than capable of coaching the Giants defensive line. His college coaching record including the shiddy UCONN years is 154-91-1. He's the winningest coach in Big East History.

I don't buy all the Coach P is going to bring down the Giants talk. I am happy for him and wish him all the success in the world with the Giants. Everyone deserves another chance. It's called redemption.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pasqualoni

Reaction Score
Over all Pasqualoni had a pretty good career. The timing was awful for both him and UConn as the school was reeling from one piece of bad news to the next. Hathaway gets hired, Edsall quits, Men's basketball goes on probation, Calhoun retires(or was forced out by either the NCAA, the school or both), the Big East Football folds, Cuse & Pitt & Louisville all get invited to the cool party and the Huskies do not. The league they are forced to join immediately gets branded as "not good enough for prime time" so add a set of hand cuffs to anyone trying to recruit kids to play football for the Huskies. Was P just looking for a soft place to coast till retirement? Maybe, probably. It's just too bad that he didn't have the energy, vision, pride, drive or whatever you might want to call it to build a top 25 program from scratch just one last time for the ole Nutmeg state.

Reaction Score
He was a big part of the destruction of our FB program, but not like the NFL is new to him. Already been a defensive coach for a few teams before & after he was here. (Cowboys, Dolphins, Bears, Texans). He was a horrible fit here but must have some ability to coach D if he keeps landing NFL jobs.

Reaction Score
I don't care where he gets a job now.....the NYG passed on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member