OT: - Forevermore is Shorter than Before | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Forevermore is Shorter than Before

Reaction Score
Herb Reed the bass was still alive when i saw the Platters at a show a few years back, but he has since passed on also. All the good singers are a memory now.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Roy Orbison was on the original recording but he died before the video was filmed. In the video there is an empty rocking chair with a guitar to honor Roy.

Love this song, and Roy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One of my favorite bands that does not have "oldie" status is Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats. If you've never heard them, this song is a good introduction.

Damn, I should have thought of that one. It's on my recent play list. Great tune.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I'd give you Danny O'Keefe's "Good Time Charlie's got the Blues" but I'm saving it for when Jordy starts a One Hit Wonder thread.

Reaction Score
With musical choices helping to fill the hot-stove hours between transfer discussions and might-have-been musings, and with the recent spate of "elderly" humor and references in the posts, I am suggesting a look at songs that observe, celebrate, or lament growing old. A chance for the many septuas and octos in particular to inform the more callow boneyarders of what lies ahead.

My choice, by a whisker over "It was a Very Good Year," sung by the great Maurice Chevalier:

Forever, I can attest to, is only one breath away. As it has always been. Forever happens to the very young, I that too I know, and the very old. One day you are you the next minute you are not.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'd give you Danny O'Keefe's "Good Time Charlie's got the Blues" but I'm saving it for when Jordy starts a One Hit Wonder thread.
Ran across a couple of those (one hit wonders) the other day. So I'm ready whenever we get the thread. :cool:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Oh if we're doing death. Careful this has a couple F-bombs in it. View at your own discretion

My Name Is Death - Red Wanting Blue

I have so little discretion that I tend to husband it judiciously. I just hate to waste it.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom