Foreign players | The Boneyard

Foreign players

Reaction Score
I saw a comment by the UConn head football coach in the Hartford Current this morning that stated that all their foreign players were currently in Storrs. If that is true apparently it is possible that the 3 UConn women's basketball players will also be able to join their team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Among the "essential reasons" for being able to cross the border with Canada, are work and study. Canadians should have no difficulty coming to schools at which they are enrolled.

Reaction Score
I saw a comment by the UConn head football coach in the Hartford Current this morning that stated that all their foreign players were currently in Storrs. If that is true apparently it is possible that the 3 UConn women's basketball players will also be able to join their team.
Zinethar, I wonder if they have been able to stay here under some special dispensation.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What is not "essential" is baseball
Toronto not being allowed to play in their home stadium.

Reason given...Back and forth to America and
dealing with American players

is a risk they (Canadians) are unwilling to take

Completely reasonable in my humble opinion.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Small (positive?) blurb about our international player status

The women’s basketball team is scheduled to arrive in Storrs on July 26, but it may take longer to bring in sophomore Anna Makurat, who is from Poland, and incoming freshmen Nika Muhl of Croatia and Aaliyah Edwards of Canada. Coach Geno Auriemma said in early July that UConn is consulting with the state’s congressional delegation about how it may be able to ameliorate the situation all international students are facing.

“You would think something is as simple as going to the Canadian border and drive across,” Auriemma said. “Those days are over. Nika needs to fly over from Zagreb, but the U.S. Embassy hasn’t been open, so getting a visa has become a real problem. They’re not letting international flights coming into the U.S. except for citizens of the United States, so Anna is not going to have an easy time.”

Auriemma Told the Courant last week that they are making “great progress” and that he’s confident the trio can arrive soon.

Anyone know more about this hopeful quote?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I find this strange/unique/bizzare topic of getting our kids into the country to be painful and I don't like to think about it . It must be very troubling for our student athletes. I can only hope their angst will end soon on plane flights on a trip to Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom