Fordham in 2015 at The Rent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fordham in 2015 at The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Oh I think it is perfectly clear. You saw it in your feed and rushed her to moan about it without even taking a moment to realize what it is you were reading or who you were reading it from.

Why would you think that?

You gather from my posts I have an insatiable desire to post negative news?

Reaction Score
Are you still whining about playing Fordham in football? It's been established that was a false alarm by an eager moaner.

I am for anything that gets us bowl eligible. I love how you complained about being in the AAC. We will be in the AAC for eternity if we continue to finish 3-9, 4-8, and 5-7. If playing Villanova has better results than how we fared against Western Michigan, Buffalo, and Towson I don't see what the big deal is.

Now you're just being a tool.

And again, you are the only person on the BY who would want to play that type of schedule. It's also very foolish to think that beating those teams in front of 10k people while going to whatever the St. Pete Bowl is named after will get us to a P5 conference.

But go ahead and continue your jihad about the "whiners" who want nothing more than the program to succeed.

Reaction Score
Now you're just being a tool.

And again, you are the only person on the BY who would want to play that type of schedule. It's also very foolish to think that beating those teams in front of 10k people while going to whatever the St. Pete Bowl is named after will get us to a P5 conference.

But go ahead and continue your jihad about the "whiners" who want nothing more than the program to succeed.

Did you figure out yet we are not playing Fordham in football?

You don't have a clue what schedule I want to play. Seeing we are trying to desperately rebuild our perception and personnel from the damage of the Pasqualoni years, give me 2 sure fire wins, 1 that is 50/50, and a power 5 BCS team (or a good team not in it like BYU and Boise) and I am good. That seems to be what we are doing or aiming for as the strategy of playing 2 games we are not favored in and 2 toss ups has been an unmitigated disaster. Perhaps with a new coach 2012 and 2013 would have turned out different but playing trap games against teams good enough to win like WMU was dumb and if we played Army, UMass, or Nova instead we would have probably gone to the Pinstripe Bowl where we could have traveled to and kept a positive perception of the program. Would the Pinstripe Bowl have satisfied you? Unlike you I remember when UConn's home schedule was New Hampshire, Hofstra, and Maine. We are in the AAC. It is what it is right now. Just because we don't like the league we are in doesn't mean you over schedule out of conference for where our program is currently at and cost yourself post season playing opportunities.

You seemingly are unsatisfied with the St. Pete bowl. I would be satisfied at the moment with the St. Pete bowl, Bahamas, Miami, or whatever bowl because it means we are 7-5 and heading in the right direction. We've been D1 for what 12 years, haven't been to a bowl in 3 years, and you downplay making a bowl. But hey, don't call yourself a whiner or entitled.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did you figure out yet we are not playing Fordham in football?

You don't have a clue what schedule I want to play. Seeing we are trying to desperately rebuild our perception and personnel from the damage of the Pasqualoni years, give me 2 sure fire wins, 1 that is 50/50, and a power 5 BCS team (or a good team not in it like BYU and Boise) and I am good. That seems to be what we are doing or aiming for as the strategy of playing 2 games we are not favored in and 2 toss ups has been an unmitigated disaster. Perhaps with a new coach 2012 and 2013 would have turned out different but playing trap games against teams good enough to win like WMU was dumb and if we played Army, UMass, or Nova instead we would have probably gone to the Pinstripe Bowl where we could have traveled to and kept a positive perception of the program. Would the Pinstripe Bowl have satisfied you? Unlike you I remember when UConn's home schedule was New Hampshire, Hofstra, and Maine. We are in the AAC. It is what it is right now. Just because we don't like the league we are in doesn't mean you over schedule out of conference for where our program is currently at and cost yourself post season playing opportunities.

You seemingly are unsatisfied with the St. Pete bowl. I would be satisfied at the moment with the St. Pete bowl, Bahamas, Miami, or whatever bowl because it means we are 7-5 and heading in the right direction. We've been D1 for what 12 years, haven't been to a bowl in 3 years, and you downplay making a bowl. But hey, don't call yourself a whiner or entitled.

Just some advice. Turn down the a bit. Your utter nonsense doesn't even warrant a rational response.

Reaction Score
I'll respond.

Mistake or not. To suddenly man the barricades & threaten that you'd give up your tickets is just shockingly transparently pathetic.

Go. Or not go. We are Ten Toes In. I'm into UConn Football. Love all UConn hoop. And will find time to go to UConn Baseball, Soccer and Hockey. I am committed to putting in the effort for multiple reasons. I have my kids coming along with some degree of attachment to UConn. As an Entertainment dollar use, it's given me a high ROI.

I don't care about a Fordham or Holy Cross game. It's far better, to me, than RU playing Howard or Norfolk or Delaware State. Cause I know neighbors who have Fordham/Holy Cross affinity.

But ... I'm in. Hoping we have great leadership that takes us further. Get the season ticket base far greater. I'm not going to worry about any of y'all. Rentschler has been a great time.

Reaction Score
I'll respond.

Mistake or not. To suddenly man the barricades & threaten that you'd give up your tickets is just shockingly transparently pathetic.

Go. Or not go. We are Ten Toes In. I'm into UConn Football. Love all UConn hoop. And will find time to go to UConn Baseball, Soccer and Hockey. I am committed to putting in the effort for multiple reasons. I have my kids coming along with some degree of attachment to UConn. As an Entertainment dollar use, it's given me a high ROI.

I don't care about a Fordham or Holy Cross game. It's far better, to me, than RU playing Howard or Norfolk or Delaware State. Cause I know neighbors who have Fordham/Holy Cross affinity.

But ... I'm in. Hoping we have great leadership that takes us further. Get the season ticket base far greater. I'm not going to worry about any of y'all. Rentschler has been a great time.

One poster (with a total of 14 posts) said he would reconsider renewing season tix. I'm not worried about the BY fans. I'm worried that we'll be the only ones in the stands if we schedule like ASweet desires.

Reaction Score
One poster (with a total of 14 posts) said he would reconsider renewing season tix. I'm not worried about the BY fans. I'm worried that we'll be the only ones in the stands if we schedule like ASweet desires.

Schedule like I desire, huh? UConn played NC State and Maryland last season at home. They play Boise State and BYU this year. Virginia in 2016. UConn is not at the point yet where it can just get anyone to come to Rentschler Field.

All this angst being generated by you of a quote "mass exodus" of season ticket holders is over the 2015 non conference schedule which so far is Army and Villanova. Right? One year? And if Diaco has a good first year do you think the fans will flee because of the schedule?

You might not have said you were going to cancel your tickets. But threatening every thread that there will be a mass exodus of season ticket holders because of one years worth of non conference games is just as pathetic.

Reaction Score
You might not have said you were going to cancel your tickets. But threatening every thread that there will be a mass exodus of season ticket holders because of one years worth of non conference games is just as pathetic.

I have no idea why you're being such a . But have a good day.

Reaction Score
Never thought I'd need to explain why I might give up tickets which I really do not want to do. I view UCONN football as part of my fall social activities. All I want is to to see a winning team who plays a reasonably competitive schedule. I do believe we are headed in the right direction, but if it comes down to a watered down OCC beyond what we have now I am concerned. Right now we need the team that can show progress and hang in every game or show the fight you would expect. Something we did not do last year until PP was gone. We should look for any and all opportunities to play the best possible teams available. Scheduling what was listed incorrectly would be a hugh step back that we do not need to take. I am not concerned about going to crappy bowls because we beat crappy teams. I could handle 5 or 6 wins with an entertaining team who shows progress and builds off of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom