For Whatever it's Worth | The Boneyard

For Whatever it's Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The one I liked:

"Maybe the LV wore down the Lady Mocs and softed them up for Geno. Yea, that's the ticket"

Most LV fans on Volnation recognize the coaching dilemma they are faced with.

Reaction Score
The one I liked:

"Maybe the LV wore down the Lady Mocs and softed them up for Geno. Yea, that's the ticket"

Most LV fans on Volnation recognize the coaching dilemma they are faced with.

So I repeat my question: Why don't the Vols chuck Holly and hire Jim Foster?

Reaction Score
Really starting to believe what many Lady Vol fans believe that the AD Dave Hart could care less about women's sports.

Reaction Score
Really starting to believe what many Lady Vol fans believe that the AD Dave Hart could care less about women's sports.

That is certainly the vibe I've gotten since he took over the AD job ( I lurk at VolNation from time to time). No way is he going to buy out Warlick's contract & hire someone else. He'll do it for the football & men's basketball teams but no way for the women's team.

Reaction Score
First time I've ever read an opposing teams site....2 conclusions:
1) the LV board posters have would like another coach
2) Boneyarders do a much better job of deploying the English language!

I think when many of them post they are angry or disgusted so spelling/grammar/punctuation just go right out the window. It is hard to remember to use a comma when your team is getting beaten by teams they used to own.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So I repeat my question: Why don't the Vols chuck Holly and hire Jim Foster?
Foster is a great guy and a great friend to Geno but he was basically fired from OSU for not getting it done. I get the feeling he's a bit old school and is a perfect fit at this time in his career for a mid major. Now this is just my opinion - I'm by no means an expert on Jim's career or his coaching acumen.

I would think (again JMO) that the small % of fans who go bananas on VolNation or the Summitt will have little sway with that administration, who by my understanding, is not keen on pumping any $ into women's hoops there. Additionally, as long as Holly continues to recruit the way she has (Russell, Tucker, Deshields, Nared, and Cooper were literally all top 10 kids), I think her job is safe no matter how poorly they may do in the NCAA's.

The problem will be if recruiting falls off - Tenn completely struck out in 2016, but if I understand correctly, fans think they lead for a number of top recruits in 2017 including top 5 post player Kushkituah. Fans can complain all they want about coaching better, but there are hardly any coaches out there who are as good as Geno and Muffett. IMHO if they went after a new coach, it should be a young, energetic up and comer from a mid major who has done gangbusters with their program. Dayton, Wisc Green Bay, Northwestern, Seton Hall - all have coaches who have recently, or currently, achieved serious top 25 success. I'm sure there are others...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sorry, but VolNation is beneath contempt, let alone dragging a thread in here (which I thought was a sorta rule violation?).

Reaction Score
Great read! I was impressed several of them actually gave UCONN our props. Acknowledging not only that Geno teaches better X's & O's, but also that Holly can't get her players to play as hard (as UCONN or Chattanooga).

The worst thing they could come up with for us (on this thread, anyway) is "UCONN plays in a scrub conference." OK - touché.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sorry, but VolNation is beneath contempt, let alone dragging a thread in here (which I thought was a sorta rule violation?).
Dragging over incendiary threads are against the rules. We don't need folks bringing over threads that insult UConn, Geno, or the Boneyard posters. Otherwise - meh.

Reaction Score
I read the Volnation thread and I was pleasantly surprised it was very even handed and at times complimentary toward Geno and UCONN!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well that was actually a love fest for UConn, surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom