For what it's worth #2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For what it's worth #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks it's hilarious if they really vote by tallying up votes against instead of votes for? How reluctant to you have to be to cast votes based on who people hate less?

Reaction Score
I feel BC will be for us. Our ADs are friends our governor is an alum. They've hit rock bottom - UConn no longer a threat.

I'm with you! I think we can help BC come back. I actually think this could be very good for both schools! Developing the rivalry that should be....would benefit us both! The AD's would be for it, as I'm thinking they're both young, motivated and forward-looking guys, unlike Gene was!

Reaction Score
i hope i am wrong but i just don't share the sentiment that BC is ready to move on and accept the rivalry

Reaction Score
i hope i am wrong but i just don't share the sentiment that BC is ready to move on and accept the rivalry

Bingo. I am supposed to believe because Warde and their AD have a relationship that BC, their President, and their athletic department are going to finally act like adults? I'll believe that when I see it. We've received no indication so far they'd be any less vindictive towards us.

Reaction Score
for what its worth i heard he put hidden cameras in every room in the entire state of NC to make sure he got the scoop
I also heard that those hidden cameras caught Swofford saying he doesn't care about 47% of his league. He said he'd never be able to get their support so he's just worried about Tobacco Road and his other close-knitters.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This guy has been so massively wrong on Big 12 expansion rumors that it is very hard to believe him. He is also saying "I told you so" when he said the Big 10 was probably never going to add anyone, and if they did it would be UNC and Virginia.

He gets contract stuff correct, but he was also saying the Big East would get a decent deal.

MHVer predicted a month ago that the Big 10 would add 4 schools: UVa, UNC, Miami and GTech. So he got the conference right, although he has predicted every conference would expand. He got those 4 picks wrong, and 0 of the 2 teams that actually were added. Nice work. But he is talking trash on twitter claiming he told everyone this would happen.

Reaction Score
If you believe Nate Silver, and who can deny him at this point, we are the only choice. Our market is bigger, our fanbase is larger than MD's and twice the size of UL's. Our academics are better and our sports are better.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/

According to his projection, it also makes sense why the BiG picked RU over us. By size, they are a mid-pack fan base, we'd be near the bottom (as of now).

FWIW, a quick lap around the lightly used scout ACC boards, UL is the pick by the unwashed.

I just tweeted the link. If you have twitter please disseminate. Can't hurt!

Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
Uconn has informed Big East they are preparing to move to the ACC
Not join the ACC, just literally move there. They must have a basement that we can crash in. We'll sit around in our underwear on their couch. Drink their beer, eat their food, drink milk out of the carton. We can even try to score with their daughters (or sons, whatever floats your boat) that are trying to rebel against "the Man." Eventually they'll let us in just so we can afford our own place.

Reaction Score
Nope. Syracuse never joined the suit.

Actually, I believe you are correct. VPI was a plaintiff in the suit and then dropped out when it was invited, but Syracuse was on the other side of the fence when the suit started and was not a plaintiff.

Reaction Score
First positive news I've heard in 8 hours

He's been on a delusional roll all day... read his timeline. He's like the Jersey Guy trying to nail down the next BC Ad - he threw everyone's name out over the course of a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom