For what it's worth #2 | The Boneyard

For what it's worth #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Please.....I don't believe a damn thing that guy says....honestly how does he have clue which way they'd vote

Reaction Score
Please.....I don't believe a damn thing that guy says....honestly how does he have clue which way they'd vote

for what its worth i heard he put hidden cameras in every room in the entire state of NC to make sure he got the scoop

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
This does make some sense on the surface. VT apparently hates UL more than they hate us, stemming back from their days in the Metro Athletic Conference.

Both UConn and UL will have opposition, for varying reasons.

Reaction Score
If true, Our BC grad governor and all the fence mending sure haven't done much have it?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
miami is the biggest joke ever if this was ever true. academics blah blah lets invite lville after we didnt want wvu before...

Reaction Score
If ville is not in the ACC they can wait for B12 invite. If we are not in, we are so screwed.

Reaction Score
I feel BC will be for us. Our ADs are friends our governor is an alum. They've hit rock bottom - UConn no longer a threat.

Reaction Score
Yes, we need this more than them in a sense. If not we have to hope for more expansion which may or may not happen.

If ville is not in the ACC they can wait for B12 invite. If we are not in, we are so screwed.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Again, VT strongly dislikes UL and has for a long time. I doubt they are thrilled with us but will not vote us down if it means having to put up with UL.

Vague and likely untrue rumors are going around the internet that both UConn and UL may be invited. Would be a good move and would give them time to identify a 16th team.

F

fortebleedsblue

You have to wonder if ct didn't sue the ACC how different things would have been

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
You have to wonder if you would stop your constant whining how much easier this board's life would be. I'm sorry you didn't get your pony Susie.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Again, VT strongly dislikes UL and has for a long time. I doubt they are thrilled with us but will not vote us down if it means having to put up with UL.

Vague and likely untrue rumors are going around the internet that both UConn and UL may be invited. Would be a good move and would give them time to identify a 16th team.

This honestly makes the most sense to me. Yes it is an odd number of teams but if they are both appealing why let someone else take them? They figured they could have RU and look what happened there. if the ACC was smart they'd take both to appease both parties and find a way to solve the odd number problem. However, when has logic ever made sense in conference re-alignment?

Reaction Score
Does it have to be unanimous?

When Syracuse and Pitt were added, Jeff Jacobs said that nine schools must be in favor of granting an invitation to a school. That was 75%. Not sure what it is now.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you believe Nate Silver, and who can deny him at this point, we are the only choice. Our market is bigger, our fanbase is larger than MD's and twice the size of UL's. Our academics are better and our sports are better.

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/

According to his projection, it also makes sense why the BiG picked RU over us. By size, they are a mid-pack fan base, we'd be near the bottom (as of now).

FWIW, a quick lap around the lightly used scout ACC boards, UL is the pick by the unwashed.

Reaction Score
W

I believe that Pitt was part of that lawsuit too. Didn't seem to matter.

The lawsuit was WVU's idea. We just had a headline-greedy AG that was willing to take the lead in pursuing.

Reaction Score
This honestly makes the most sense to me. Yes it is an odd number of teams but if they are both appealing why let someone else take them? They figured they could have RU and look what happened there. if the ACC was smart they'd take both to appease both parties and find a way to solve the odd number problem. However, when has logic ever made sense in conference re-alignment?
There's literally no reason to also take UConn if they want Louisville. None of the other conferences are interested in us, so if they ever decided they want us they could just come ask whenever. We're like their booty call they don't want a relationship with.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This guy has been so massively wrong on Big 12 expansion rumors that it is very hard to believe him. He is also saying "I told you so" when he said the Big 10 was probably never going to add anyone, and if they did it would be UNC and Virginia.

He gets contract stuff correct, but he was also saying the Big East would get a decent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom