for those that whimper "what can uconn do?" | The Boneyard

for those that whimper "what can uconn do?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
screw the nbe. why is uconn so committed to staying in this conference until another conference comes calling.

call cincy, boise, byu and sell them on an 18 team league split east and west. cincy/uconn anchor the east, byu and boise the west.

work with espn to dissolve the be, sell name and msg to c7, in return for a worthy tv deal from espn.

if mwc and nbe each get roughly $6-10M individually, what would a league with less dead weight get.

from the figures thrown around, i'm guessing such a league might garner $10-15M...

the problem is, aresco and thompson cant do this. they cant cut teams out of the existing conferences. thats why it needs to be a third conference.

uconn, cincy, memphis, and temple have the clout t do this, just like the c7 did. if boise and byu were interested, this could get done for a lot more money than what either conference can offer independntly...

this would be uconn creating its path.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
From your lips to Burke Magnus' ears...

Reaction Score
screw the nbe. why is uconn so committed to staying in this conference until another conference comes calling.

call cincy, boise, byu and sell them on an 18 team league split east and west. cincy/uconn anchor the east, byu and boise the west.

work with espn to dissolve the be, sell name and msg to c7, in return for a worthy tv deal from espn.

if mwc and nbe each get roughly $6-10M individually, what would a league with less dead weight get.

from the figures thrown around, i'm guessing such a league might garner $10-15M...

the problem is, aresco and thompson cant do this. they cant cut teams out of the existing conferences. thats why it needs to be a third conference.

uconn, cincy, memphis, and temple have the clout t do this, just like the c7 did. if boise and byu were interested, this could get done for a lot more money than what either conference can offer independntly...

this would be uconn creating its path.

With more mouths to feed, wouldnt the payouts be roughly the same?
Speaking of which, you would have to pull Warde out of Dunkin to get this done. Thats not happening.

Reaction Score
What you need is West division: Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, SMU, Rice, Tulsa, East division: UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, East Carolina, Marshall. That is a pretty good conference in football and basketball. You already have 9 of those members included, just add Rice, Tulsa, and Marshall get rid of Tulane, San Diego St.

Reaction Score
What you need is West division: Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston, SMU, Rice, Tulsa, East division: UConn, Temple, USF, UCF, East Carolina, Marshall. That is a pretty good conference in football and basketball. You already have 9 of those members included, just add Rice, Tulsa, and Marshall get rid of Tulane, San Diego St.

After half a decade of this I shutter to think what our great basketball programs will look like. What a shame........

Reaction Score
After half a decade of this I shutter to think what our great basketball programs will look like. What a shame........

I don't think we will be in the same conference in 5 years if CR continues, as expected.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I realize that putting together these fantasy conferences is something of a cottage industry around here....

But do keep in mind that the Mountain West isn't looking to join us - they're looking to either kill us or simply outlast us and become the 'sixth' conference.

Buddying up with UCF, Memphis and Tulane for ever and ever is just not something they'd entertain.

Reaction Score
I realize that putting together these fantasy conferences is something of a cottage industry around here....

But do keep in mind that the Mountain West isn't looking to join us - they're looking to either kill us or simply outlast us and become the 'sixth' conference.

Buddying up with UCF, Memphis and Tulane for ever and ever is just not something they'd entertain.
good point...
that's why the original post suggested that this new conference would have to be formed by takng the best from the mwc, be, and c-usa.
if $'s drive the bus, someone has to see that the payout from the be or mwc is far less than what they could get in a best of the rest league with the dead weight. although I think in this league, memphis and ucf would be in the east. tulane is out along with ecu.

the problem with the current be structure is that nobody has a clue who's in and what sport they play. the below league is very possible and would probably be close to acc money.

east:
cincy, uconn, memphis, temple, usf, ucf, tulsa, smu, houston

west:
navy, fresno, boise, byu, unlv, sdsu, , new mexico, nevada

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
the problem with the current be structure is that nobody has a clue who's in and what sport they play. the below league is very possible and would probably be close to acc money.

east:
cincy, uconn, memphis, temple, usf, ucf, tulsa, smu, houston

west:
navy, fresno, boise, byu, unlv, sdsu, , new mexico, nevada

LMAO. Yeah, the 18 schools that nobody wants (to date) are going to come close to ACC money.

Hey, I will agree with that Tulane and East Carolina were stupid moves.

What should have happened was the below:

East - UConn, Cinci, USF, UCF, Temple, Memphis
West - Houston, SMU, SD St, Boise St, UNLV, New Mexico

Going beyond 12 just further dilutes the payout, I'm not sure what people don't understand about.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that the western schools have been selling the Big East on this for a while, and for whatever reason, USF, UConn, and Cincinnati just aren't buying. They wanted Tulane instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom