For those that care about recruiting ratings.... | The Boneyard

For those that care about recruiting ratings....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to scout.com, we've hit #50 in the rankings for 2012. that's with Dobbs unrated and 5 months to go in the recruiting year, and still many roster spots to fill. We're getting closer to that top 25. I'm not a big fan of recruiting ratings, but there's osmething about those programs that always show up in the top 25 on these websites lists....usually end up somewhere around there in the polls at the end of the seasons too.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2012

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Speaking of recruiting, any updates on Devin Fuller? I thought he was trimming his list

Reaction Score
According to scout.com, we've hit #50 in the rankings for 2012. that's with Dobbs unrated and 5 months to go in the recruiting year, and still many roster spots to fill. We're getting closer to that top 25. I'm not a big fan of recruiting ratings, but there's osmething about those programs that always show up in the top 25 on these websites lists....usually end up somewhere around there in the polls at the end of the seasons too.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2012

Chicken or egg. I don't totally discount recruiting rankings, but I am of the firm belief that if these recruiting "experts" were that good at their jobs, they'd be working for colleges rather than Scout or Rivals. Ranking these classes is almost as worthless as analyzing winners and losers the day after the NFL Draft.

Reaction Score
I agree. More like correlation and NOT causation. Recruiting rankings absolutely don't cause you to be in the top 25 in the polls come December every year. But when you look at the lists year after year.......there's definitely a correlation there. correlation is different than causation. I gain weight in the winter, but maybe it's because I'm weighing myself with my boots and jacket on......and I'm not really gaining weight.

Bottom line is that when you go year by year, and look at the top 25 recruiting ratings list in February, and compare that to the top 25 rankings at season end in December......the same names tend to appear the majority of the time.

I want to be among those names every year.

Nowhere, am I suggesting that because we have a high rated recruiting class, does that causally relate to being a top 25 program. There's clealry a lot more that goes into it.

the conference stuff, all that will sort itself out. All we need to do is continue to get better as a program.

That means recruiting, and winnign the game on Saturday @ Buffalo.

Reaction Score
In a way this is good. Not because we understand the relevance or irrelavance of those rankings, wide eyed 18 Y.O., their coaches, and parents probably do not look at it with the same objectivity. As long as those rankings continue to creep up, some better athletes may take more notice of UConn. What parent wouldn't want to gloat that there son was in the # ____ rated class signing. Whether or not it translates to success on the field, as some have pointed out, there could be a correlation. Any positive concept helps.

Reaction Score
Which means if they rate him anywhere, our ranking gets better. Again, these rankings in reality don't mean much of anything except to give fans something to put value on regarding incoming players to a program, but the relationship that exists between the names of the programs that annually show up in the top 25 being the same names that regularly show up in the actual season end top 25 rankings is undeniable.

When it comes to setting some goals, and getting there, recruiting is where it all starts, and it all ends.

I want a top 25 program every year, and I believe that goal has been set in stone for UConn. We're going to get there.

We get real OCD about success in athletics at UConn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
that list is far from updated though. we have what 18 commits right now? i think like 13 of the 18 have a 3* rating from one of the sites but not from all...

look at the classes usf/cincy/wvu/ruty are putting together. thats where we need to be and where are next most reasonable goal should be under PP and a new conf.

Reaction Score
UCONN - 50
Oregon - 51
Maryland - 54
Nebraska - 59
Syracuse - 62
South Florida - 63

P's doing a nice job recruiting. He just needs to improve on his use of timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom