For those of you who think we need a PG over a big | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For those of you who think we need a PG over a big

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
there are a lot of questions in that front court and could definitely use some more shooting on the wing.

Well that roster has an open Scholarship that will be filled.

The SF spot is interesting, because Polley can shoot but isn't much of a slasher, rebounder or ball handler. Sid can slash, board and block shots. Jackson is a ball handler, passer, point forward type and stellar athlete. We need Jackson to shoot a bit, and Sid to get his 3 point shot to about 35%. He's slowly getting better from outside. All he and Jackson need is to be a viable threat because they can blow by an aggressive defender.

pj

Reaction Score
A 4 is a big. At least Springs is.

So we have both a PG and 2 bigs coming in.

We just need guys that can ball, aren't scared,and have some functional athletic talent.

Adama Sanogo would be perfect. Mobile/agile strong man to complement Javonte's length, ready to play big minutes from day 1. Sanogo would fill the team's biggest hole.

On the perimeter, we need a shooter/scorer more than a point, but as you say, any guy that can ball will help. Depth is good.

Reaction Score
there are a lot of questions in that front court and could definitely use some more shooting on the wing.

The front court I think will be very serviceable with Akok and Whaley. Then we’ll also have Springs who Hurley says is the second best rebounder he’s ever coaches. Plus senior Carlton who will give us at least something.

The shooting I also am not concerned about. RJ Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, and Polley all shoot decent from outside. I also really think Adams and Akok are better outside shooters than they’ve shown.

Reaction Score
The front court I think will be very serviceable with Akok and Whaley. Then we’ll also have Springs who Hurley says is the second best rebounder he’s ever coaches. Plus senior Carlton who will give us at least something.

The shooting I also am not concerned about. RJ Cole, Gaffney, Bouknight, and Polley all shoot decent from outside. I also really think Adams and Akok are better outside shooters than they’ve shown.
I'm not giving up on Josh. I expect we will see improvement from him next year. I agree, we could do a lot worse than JC, AA, IW, RS, Javonte Brown Ferguson up front.

Reaction Score
I'll take a floor general that can set our offense, lead us up the floor, drive the lane to make buckets, draw traffic, fouls, and dish to an open guy for a knockdown shot please, thank you.

Reaction Score
I may in the minority but I think we have a great team next year even if Gilbert leaves and we don’t get any new additions.

PG: Cole, Gaffney
SG: Bouknight, Adams
SF: Jackson, Polley, Wilson
PF: Akok, Springs
C: Whaley, Carlton, Brown-Ferguson

That squad is a sure-fire tournament team.

Agree. Go back and read DH's assessments of Cole, Springs and JB-F when he recruited them. They weren't recruited in order to be recruited over. In his mind, they are next year's answers. We are good as we stand. All that's needed is full commitment from the bunch we have, which means, for most of them, a summer of shooting, shooting and more shooting.

Reaction Score
Agree. Go back and read DH's assessments of Cole, Springs and JB-F when he recruited them. They weren't recruited in order to be recruited over. In his mind, they are next year's answers. We are good as we stand. All that's needed is full commitment from the bunch we have, which means, for most of them, a summer of shooting, shooting and more shooting.
Still need more.

Reaction Score
Still need more.

I think the returning players (all with another year’s experience) along with the addition of RJ Cole, Andre Jackson, Richie Springs, and Brown-Ferguson will surprise you.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Gafney will be the real deal. We dont know anything about RJC.

Reaction Score
He desperately needs to learn how to play D. Uses his hands way too much and constantly loses his man.

His defense needs to improve for sure. He gets called for some of the most BS fouls I've seen happen to one player though

Reaction Score
I think the returning players (all with another year’s experience) along with the addition of RJ Cole, Andre Jackson, Richie Springs, and Brown-Ferguson will surprise you.
From the games I’ve watched of Javonte Brown Ferguson, idk how much we can realistically expect from him next season. He’s raw. He’s got nice upside but he’s still really young. I think he’s gonna need some time to learn the game and let his body fill out a bit more. I’m intrigued with Springs, really curious to see what he can bring to the team next season. A year of practice should help him be ready for some minutes. There’s a lot of guys there. I just still can’t let down Hurleys notion of saying multiple times how aggressive this team will be in the spring period. Idk what that means in terms of exact players, but to me it screams a physical big and another scorer/shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom