For the student section

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I can think about 10 other things that are worse then that, get over it

Reaction Score
As long as the students continue come to the game in force - they can tinkle whatever and wherever they want ;)

But while we are talking about the student section - can a student rep get to WM (or whoever) and get they padding that used to be in front of the student section put back up. Quite effective noise generator.

Reaction Score
As long as the students continue come to the game in force - they can tinkle whatever and wherever they want ;)

But while we are talking about the student section - can a student rep get to WM (or whoever) and get they padding that used to be in front of the student section put back up. Quite effective noise generator.

A thousand "likes"

Reaction Score
The Michigan student section does the same thing.

Now we're criticizing people people making noise on third down? get a grip.

Reaction Score
This has been going on for probably 3 seasons. Where have you been?

I sit at the other end of the stadium, this is the first time I have been +to watch the game on TV.

No that is not noise, thats my problem and yes I'm glad that the student section is full. I agree about the mat.

Reaction Score
Will you guys please stop with tinkleling of car keys, not only do they not make any noise, you look girly doing it. Did you pick that up from Cuse fans? I thought it was stupid there too.
You know why they do it don't you? Because it is during a "key" play. LOL.

Reaction Score

Taking down the padding was a big mistake. I agree with you...put it back up!

Reaction Score
Banging the padding on kickoffs was a "tradition" that needs to come back.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I always assumed the wrap they put up was over the padding. I'd be surprised if they removed the safety padding back there.

Reaction Score
I always assumed the wrap they put up was over the padding. I'd be surprised if they removed the safety padding back there.

There is still padding below the railings - the metal railings used to be covered as well.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There is still padding below the railings - the metal railings used to be covered as well.

Thanks. It makes sense then, they kept the padding, but that's probably too far to reach over and make noise unless you're 6-5ish, right?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've said this a million times over the past couple of years; the "key-jingle" just doesn't generate any decibels of noise. It just doesn't. You're better off doing a clap or at least a low-droning voice (I do the "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh" until the ball is snapped). If you get 3,000 people doing the low-droning voice, you can't hear a damned thing. If you have 40,000 doing it....call a time-out...

Reaction Score
I've said this a million times over the past couple of years; the "key-jingle" just doesn't generate any decibels of noise. It just doesn't. You're better off doing a clap or at least a low-droning voice (I do the "ohhhhhhhhhhhhh" until the ball is snapped). If you get 3,000 people doing the low-droning voice, you can't hear a damned thing. If you have 40,000 doing it....call a time-out...

They can't tinkle and "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh"at the same time??

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
They can't tinkle and "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh"at the same time??

They CAN!!!....however, have you seen video of them as the camera passes by them? I just did, since the replay is on ESPNU right now. They're all tinkling with their mouths closed, unfortunately. What a waste of a mouth while you're tinkling...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I've done the 3rd down "oooohhhh" (and for big games every snap) that I've developed vocal nodules in my throat that eventually need to be lasered off lol. Everyone knows I was at the rent or gampel when I talk like a 63 year old chain smoker haha.

Reaction Score
My fault on that guys. I was one of the people who started that back in 2005 I think. I thought people would be smart enough to jingle the keys and yell at the same time. When I look around at all of the students around me shaking their keys very few of them are yelling at the same. I'll take the blame on that.
As far as the padding, It's gone and I know I'm pissed about it. I have no idea why they removed it. It had been there since the game against IU and I saw no reason to remove it now.

Reaction Score
My fault on that guys. I was one of the people who started that back in 2005 I think. I thought people would be smart enough to jingle the keys and yell at the same time. When I look around at all of the students around me shaking their keys very few of them are yelling at the same. I'll take the blame on that.
As far as the padding, It's gone and I know I'm pissed about it. I have no idea why they removed it. It had been there since the game against IU and I saw no reason to remove it now.

I liked the writing on the pads too "This is the Dog Pound".

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

You're one of our most respected and recognizable fans, Dale. You don't have to apologize for $#it!!! If our students aren't wise enough to yell while tinkling, then we need to re-think our SAT acceptance criteria... ;)

Reaction Score

Well, if anyone had the juice to get it put back up - you would!!! Get on it D :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom