OT: - For The Lawyers Out There. You Lost A Fun One Today | The Boneyard

OT: For The Lawyers Out There. You Lost A Fun One Today

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fred Levin, local trial attorney in my area died at 83. Corona got him.

Lived a helluva life.

Some highlights.

-Was one of few Jewish people to attend University of Florida Law in the late 50's. As he got wealthier, he donated $10M to have the law school named after him. He did it in part to make sure every legacy WASP kid had to walk under the name of a Jew to get their law degree.
-He was a key lawyer in the Florida tobacco lawsuits and settlements in the 90's. Brought in over $300M to his firm. After the case was settled he did an interview on 20/20 with John Stossel talking about the suit and settlement. He lit up a cigarette on TV while discussing it.
-He was Roy Jones, Jr. boxing manager during his prime and was named Manager of the Year by Ring Mag.
-Did a bunch of work with African American Community. The Country of Ghana made him a Chief of the Country. Congressional Black Caucus also recognized him for his work. He befriended the first ever African American law student at UF.
-In 2016 he had lung cancer and many thought he was a goner. He went up to Boston and cancer was cured. He promptly donated $2M to Brigham's and Women's Hospital and established a chair for Thoracic surgery and lung cancer. He also donated $2M to Dana Farber for a Thoracic cancer research endowment.
-Donated an $8M estate to local university for its president to use for hosting events and for the hotel and tourism degree program.

Fred Levin - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
Got to keep an eye on our elderly population. Lived so long and through to much to be so vulnerable at this moment. Suxs!

Many will need help in registering for the vaccine, many having limited online skills. Sure they prefer the phone but I'm hearing phone lines are undermanned, with significant hold times or delays.

Just putting that out there.

Reaction Score
Fred Levin, local trial attorney in my area died at 83. Corona got him.

Lived a helluva life.

Some highlights.

-Was one of few Jewish people to attend University of Florida Law in the late 50's. As he got wealthier, he donated $10M to have the law school named after him. He did it in part to make sure every legacy WASP kid had to walk under the name of a Jew to get their law degree.
-He was a key lawyer in the Florida tobacco lawsuits and settlements in the 90's. Brought in over $300M to his firm. After the case was settled he did an interview on 20/20 with John Stossel talking about the suit and settlement. He lit up a cigarette on TV while discussing it.
-He was Roy Jones, Jr. boxing manager during his prime and was named Manager of the Year by Ring Mag.
-Did a bunch of work with African American Community. The Country of Ghana made him a Chief of the Country. Congressional Black Caucus also recognized him for his work. He befriended the first ever African American law student at UF.
-In 2016 he had lung cancer and many thought he was a goner. He went up to Boston and cancer was cured. He promptly donated $2M to Brigham's and Women's Hospital and established a chair for Thoracic surgery and lung cancer. He also donated $2M to Dana Farber for a Thoracic cancer research endowment.
-Donated an $8M estate to local university for its president to use for hosting events and for the hotel and tourism degree program.

Fred Levin - Wikipedia
I read the article, Chin. Looks like there should be a movie made about him. Wonder who will be the actor, though.

He seemed like a very interesting, creative guy, with a lot of heart, with plenty of challenges and controversy for being outspoken. Seems like he dodged as few bullets too. And maybe literally based upon the trial he testified at.

And, needless to say, a very successful attorney.

Did you know him personally?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I read the article, Chin. Looks like there should be a movie made about him. Wonder who will be the actor, though.

He seemed like a very interesting, creative guy, with a lot of heart, with plenty of challenges and controversy for being outspoken. Seems like he dodged as few bullets too. And maybe literally based upon the trial he testified at.

And, needless to say, a very successful attorney.

Did you know him personally?

Lol. That is a circle of people 2-3 degrees removed from me.

Reaction Score
Tom Hanks can play him at all ages. The brilliance of Hanks.
Probably so.

If not him, maybe 2 separate actors playing a younger Levin and an older Levin. I know he is not well liked by many, but Tom Cruise as the younger Levin, and DeNiro as the older one?

Maybe DiCaprio could also do it as the younger Levin. If not DeNiro as the older one, I am not sure who else other than Hanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom