• Nothing and I'm losing my mind

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Nothing and it's OK

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • other

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Not even close. I know someone who bets $10k a game and gives over $100k to charity every year. If you can afford it no one has the right to tell you how to spend it.

He also donated over 200k masks to first responders during this pandemic
This is the important part. From his recent posts it's clear his intentions were pure and he didn't have any negative intent, but the original 2 posts (that I'll note have now been edited to emphasize certain points) came across as very judgemental towards anyone not donating money right now

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
This is the important part. From his recent posts it's clear his intentions were pure and he didn't have any negative intent, but the original 2 posts (that I'll note have now been edited to emphasize certain points) came across as very judgemental towards anyone not donating money right now
If someone can afford to give to charity right now and does not, they SHALL be judged.

Reaction Score
If someone can afford to give to charity right now and does not, they SHALL be judged.
Yeah 100%. Your original posts seemed to imply anyone taking the stimulus money and putting it in savings was being selfish, that's what I took offense too. I see now from all your other posts that wasn't the intended message so we're all good now

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I lost $11 betting the races at Gulfstream today. Up, down, up, and ultimately down. Gotta love livecast- lol. The last time I bet the ponies all day was like 10 years ago at Belmont. Great way to kill an afternoon.

Reaction Score
DK is running free contests based on game simulations. Some of them have pretty big top prizes ($100-$500), but I've only managed a few small cashes. I started with 0, and now I have $8.39!
Lol. Nice. I need the big contests and the big sports. Can’t with the e-junk. But I hear ya. It’s something

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I lost $11 betting the races at Gulfstream today. Up, down, up, and ultimately down. Gotta love livecast- lol. The last time I bet the ponies all day was like 10 years ago at Belmont. Great way to kill an afternoon.

If you have the TVG channel (or for free on TVG online) you can watch all the major tracks still running - Gulfstream, Tampa and Oaklawn.

Just through the I’d mention that if you want to bet outside that racetrack.

Been betting the ponies almost every weekend since sports stoped, and I didn’t ever really bet on sports before... can’t watch horse racing without getting in on the action!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not even close. I know someone who bets $10k a game and gives over $100k to charity every year. If you can afford it no one has the right to tell you how to spend it.

He also donated over 200k masks to first responders during this pandemic

Does your friend create posts urging people to give to charity right before he goes gambling?

That was the whole point. Obviously you can gamble and give to charity.

No point in discussing this further since he edited the original post on "Where are you giving" and nobody copied it in their reply.

Reaction Score
Does your friend create posts urging people to give to charity right before he goes gambling?

That was the whole point. Obviously you can gamble and give to charity.

No point in discussing this further since he edited the original post on "Where are you giving" and nobody copied it in their reply.
Guy you have made your point so many times you have exhausted it. We understand how you feel about this. You have reached the point of beating a dead horse.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Guy you have made your point so many times you have exhausted it. We understand how you feel about this. You have reached the point of beating a dead horse.

and yet people don't get it anyway. ok I'm done.

Reaction Score
If you have the TVG channel (or for free on TVG online) you can watch all the major tracks still running - Gulfstream, Tampa and Oaklawn.

Been betting the ponies almost every weekend since sports stoped, and I didn’t ever really bet on sports before... can’t watch horse racing without getting in on the action!

If you're in CT and want to use the MyWinners App (OTB app) you can bet any of the racetracks that are open, and it links to streaming video to let you watch the races.

Reaction Score
the best bet I ever made was on the Patriots

It was around the 1775 season and they beat the redcoats straight up on the field( actually the boston commons )
it was a great bet , the home underdogs come through a lot
The redcoats had a long road trip to the game coming all the way from England ,,,,
and they had to do it by boat
this was before Brady ,,,, Washington and Revere were the stars

next post i will tell you about the worst beat I ever made ,

Reaction Score

This. Never online gambled before. Flipped on NBCSN, saw my name on a horse, scrambled to deposit $50 and 3 weeks later, hours of entertainment and still $150 in the bank. TVG is the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom