For the curious - re RU | The Boneyard

For the curious - re RU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It has to be about will and not skill for her because she just doesn't get the top recruits.
I have no problem with her coaching style at all. In fact I see her as a lot like Geno, but with much less talent.
I don't like her on game day though, but that's probably just my problem.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
It has to be about will and not skill for her because she just doesn't get the top recruits.
I have no problem with her coaching style at all. In fact I see her as a lot like Geno, but with much less talent.
I don't like her on game day though, but that's probably just my problem.

We may not get the #1 recruit like UConn does, but we have over the past few years have gotten top ten recruits, and recruits in the top 100. She's a very good recruiter by the way.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the article - not much new news, but still a nice read. I think all coaches struggle with identifying the chemistry issues with the players they recruit - it can be easy to be tempted by great talent, and convince yourself that you can deal with other issues.
And when you bring in a big class (5 that year) it generally means you have just graduated most of your starters and upperclass leadership - that makes it even tougher to handle as a coach. Coaches depend a lot on the veterans to be a buffer and a resource for their freshman.
As an aside - I have been really impressed with Sykes for sticking it out - that first year had to be a nightmare and for her personally as I believe the highest ranked of the 5. I don't think Rutgers was the best fit for her, and I am not sure she has ever recovered her confidence, but she made a commitment and has stayed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom