For Stamford fans | The Boneyard

For Stamford fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Heading to Bobby V's in Stamford, I just called and they're showing the game now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You were at Bobbt's tonight? I just got home from there.

Reaction Score
I just left. Was at the bar on the right side sitting solo with glasses. There were 3 younger guys sitting at the far end of the bar also rooting for UConn and chanting go nick. Were you one of them?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I was in the back with my son. Heard the cheering (when Nick caught the ball) a few times. I travelled to the front once, to hand in the time whatever slips for their contest.

Reaction Score
Hey guys, long time lurker...first time poster. Graduated UConn in '04. I felt compelled to finally sign up after reading this thread. I went to Bobby's tonight also, lol. I was on the right side, across from the register. Weird how many people on this forum were at Bobby's tonight!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
guys, any1 down for a boneyard night one of these away games coming up? years ago i used to goto the one in norwalk with my pops and ive been to the stamford one several times over the year now ive been home from undergrad for alive@5 etc. i have grad school class on the weekends alot this fall but maybe a little byard fun can be in order? was there a good uconn crowd for the game?

Reaction Score
How could you guys have missed Jay? His avatar is really him when he was younger. Now he's just an old man living in the past.

Reaction Score
Hey guys, long time lurker...first time poster. Graduated UConn in '04. I felt compelled to finally sign up after reading this thread. I went to Bobby's tonight also, lol. I was on the right side, across from the register. Weird how many people on this forum were at Bobby's tonight!

Yeah - didn't realize we had so many either. The group of 3 arrived well into the first quarter in UConn style :D and by looking at the timestamp on the original post, I bet Jaynyce is one of them!
As the game was winding down the 2nd Q contest for the WVU-LSU game was on and one of the 3 won by guessing 12:30 which is exactly when WVU scored. I left right afterwards, was also across from the register I think I saw you at the end I was in a grey striped shirt and wearing glasses.

I guess we'll have to do this again at the next away game.

Reaction Score
Ahh, Alive@5...good times, wish I could remember them ;)! There was a decent crowd, good amount of yelling from one group when we went ahead 17-3. I didn't get there 'till the 2nd half b/c of dinner plans, so missed the first half down there.

Reaction Score
Yeah - didn't realize we had so many either. The group of 3 arrived well into the first quarter in UConn style :D and by looking at the timestamp on the original post, I bet Jaynyce is one of them!
As the game was winding down the 2nd Q contest for the WVU-LSU game was on and one of the 3 won by guessing 12:30 which is exactly when WVU scored. I left right afterwards, was also across from the register I think I saw you at the end I was in a grey striped shirt and wearing glasses.

Yea, I got there toward the 3rd quarter because of dinner plans. I was wearing a blue Giants polo and was with a friend of mine. I went to Tiernan's after the game to see a few friends that work there, then headed home.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I was wearing a blue UConn football jersey. Arrived about 1/2 hour before kickoff (as I normally do), ate dinner and then knocked down a few beers (my son was knocking down sodas instead).

I have a feeling I may be a bit old for the rest of the Bobby V's crowd however.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I was sitting in the front with my g/f wearing an addidas blue/black UCONN rugby warmup jacket. The UCONN fans going crazy for Nick Williams were sitting right behind me. I was one of the beat the clock winners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316940356.515659.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316940356.515659.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 73

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I was sitting in the front with my g/f wearing an addidas blue/black UCONN rugby warmup jacket. The UCONN fans going crazy for Nick Williams were sitting right behind me. I was one of the beat the clock winners!

Nice hat.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

Yea 2 people guessed the second quarter beat the clock. I left right after that as well.

We should definitely turn Bobby V's into UCONN for away games Stamford fans can't get too. Either them or Wild Wings

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I didn't even think of BWW (although it would have been bad form for yesterday's game considering the oponent).

I may try BWW the next time a road game won't be normally televised. For reasons beyond me my son no longer likes anything on Bobby V's menu. In the past he liked nearly everything they had.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I prefer Wild Wings menu to Bobby's and they're a little lighter on the wallet. They also have a few more big screen tv'-s too

Reaction Score
I was wearing a blue UConn football jersey. Arrived about 1/2 hour before kickoff (as I normally do), ate dinner and then knocked down a few beers (my son was knocking down sodas instead).

I have a feeling I may be a bit old for the rest of the Bobby V's crowd however.

If your son was knocking down beers instead of sodas then maybe we'll question your status as a youngster. Luckily Coach P already took the grandpa nickname. :rolleyes:

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
If your son was knocking down beers instead of sodas then maybe we'll question your status as a youngster. Luckily Coach P already took the grandpa nickname. :rolleyes:
Not a grandpa yet but my son turned sixteen today.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Congrats

Reaction Score
Grats, I was just teasing, figured your son wasn't drinking age thus no grandpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom