for over a year guys like me and nelson | The Boneyard

for over a year guys like me and nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
among others have been laughed at about talking about all these teams moving and who has potential and so on. not so funny now hugh?

i still think the answer is 18 or 20 and not 16 like every moonshiner in coal country thinks. 18 or 20 just makes much more sense than 14 or 16. it splits divisions with in confs so that most rivals are ok, it gives max inventory to tvs, it alows each division to play itself a winner in the bcs playoffs that will expand to 8 soon and so on with the ways it works.

we are gold for the acc, but what the acc is going to become is a joke and thats a last resort for us and if it happens then we have been left out. but i hold tight that we will not be and we will stive for that b10 invite. the question is who else goes where.

b10+ruty/md/uva/unc/cuse/uconn/bc/nd

sec+vt/ncst/fsu/gt/clem/tcu or bay

pac+tex/tt/ok/okst/kan/kst/tcu or bay/unr

mwc=haw/sdsu/fresno/sj/unlv/nm/nmst//cst/byu/ust/bsu/idaho/wy....

acc=duke/wake/gtown/nova/shu/prov/sju/dep/marq/but/day/xav/army/navy....they will all play in the same fball league wether thats a downgrade to fcs for duke/wake or a upgrade for nova/gtown/butler...its here or the mac for navy and army down the road, they will pick to lessen fball but be aligned with good schools imho

bigeast=temple/ist/smu/uh/tul/mem/usf/ucf/lville/cincy/uab/smiss/ecu....who ever else

mac+stony brook, unh and maine

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was thinking about 18 school conferences the other day. I think 9-team divisions is problematic. You really have to play everyone in your division and that means with a 9-game conference schedule you play your other conference mates once every 8 years. If you go with a 3-division, 6 team model you play 5 games in your division and then you can either play 3 (play every team once in 4 years) or 4 (play every team once in 3 years) additional conference games depending on the 8 vs 9 game schedule. The problem with 3 divisions is finding 2 teams for your championship game. Optimally, you take the top 2 of the 3.

Reaction Score
Delany has already said more conference games are on the table. Nobody seems to be paying attention to that...

9 conference games and 20 basketball games.

That's a 20 team conference, with two divisions of 10 teams each.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/11/jim_delany_big_ten_football_sc.html
I'd like that. 20 works for me provided you then foster regional rivalries and you have a set number of teams (more than 2) that you always play Home and Home. At that point, it would almost be like the NBA

Reaction Score
among others have been laughed at about talking about all these teams moving and who has potential and so on. not so funny now hugh?

i still think the answer is 18 or 20 and not 16 like every moonshiner in coal country thinks. 18 or 20 just makes much more sense than 14 or 16. it splits divisions with in confs so that most rivals are ok, it gives max inventory to tvs, it alows each division to play itself a winner in the bcs playoffs that will expand to 8 soon and so on with the ways it works.

we are gold for the acc, but what the acc is going to become is a joke and thats a last resort for us and if it happens then we have been left out. but i hold tight that we will not be and we will stive for that b10 invite. the question is who else goes where.

acc=duke/wake/gtown/nova/shu/prov/sju/dep/marq/but/day/xav/army/navy....they will all play in the same fball league wether thats a downgrade to fcs for duke/wake or a upgrade for nova/gtown/butler...its here or the mac for navy and army down the road, they will pick to lessen fball but be aligned with good schools imho

bigeast=temple/ist/smu/uh/tul/mem/usf/ucf/lville/cincy/uab/smiss/ecu....who ever else

Link..proof...anything?

Reaction Score

where do you propose PITT wind up?

Reaction Score
So 2 schools (Maryland & Rutgers) move and that proves you right*? Is that the gist of it?

* although it depends on how you define right

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
where do you propose PITT wind up?

sorry, they are acc. forgot them. or u can take bc out and put them in the b10 and bc in the acc. bc is more of a market grab and pitt is more of a subscriber $ how much grab for the b10. i just figure market over up price for b10.

Reaction Score

With all due respect, you have thrown more crap against the wall. Something was bound to stick.

And aligning yourself with Nelson is never a good idea.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So 2 schools (Maryland & Rutgers) move and that proves you right*? Is that the gist of it?

* although it depends on how you define right

well i have been pumping the big going big for a while. my point was all the crazy thing i and a few others talk about may or may not happen, but we need to talk about them becuase those schools are moving. tulane just moved and so did ecu. thats relevant to uconn so we should know why they are worthy or not etc. when a tulane thread poped up a couple months ago, i though some 1 was going to call the cops to arrset me or who ever posted it. now look. the point is that all this talk about potential and movement is worthy of discussion and not hate from all the crabby ppl here that think we are above any of it. were 10 years old, not texas.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
With all due respect, you have thrown more crap against the wall. Something was bound to stick.

And aligning yourself with Nelson is never a good idea.

i'm not aligning with nelson, just point out that theres a reason for all of this talk that so many hated on for so long. thats all my point is. well then i gave u another fun slash fest....:D

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I was thinking about 18 school conferences the other day. I think 9-team divisions is problematic. You really have to play everyone in your division and that means with a 9-game conference schedule you play your other conference mates once every 8 years. If you go with a 3-division, 6 team model you play 5 games in your division and then you can either play 3 (play every team once in 4 years) or 4 (play every team once in 3 years) additional conference games depending on the 8 vs 9 game schedule. The problem with 3 divisions is finding 2 teams for your championship game. Optimally, you take the top 2 of the 3.
I'd like that. 20 works for me provided you then foster regional rivalries and you have a set number of teams (more than 2) that you always play Home and Home. At that point, it would almost be like the NBA

20 team leagues =
max inventory
keeping rivals/regions together
major cross overs for tv $
each division getting a playoff birth in new bcs down the road
bcs playoff $ is payed out by amount of teams in future
round robin bball of 19 games plus a rival game
other sports playing divisions to travel is cut down $$ talking there...
and so many other things, its the future.

20 also gets you 3 power leagues and 3 or 4 minor leagues. it gets you 6 auto births to a 8 team bcs playoff with the mac/mwc/be/acc all fighting to be ranked high enough thats its champs are invited in one of those sports over a open bid team. everyone has a shot but big boys are taken care of.

also, watch how the acc when it dies adds bball teams. it will take many notheast area teams to get to what ever # they want. they will all be in the b10 footprint. the acc-b10 challenege will be epic some day soon. there is your unc-duke game among others...

and clearly i forgot to put marshall in the big east also. maybe app st 2...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Exactly. Without that in his post, we could have given him credit.

i wasn't getting credit anyway bl nor should i. it wasn't the point. i'm no master puppet or is it makersmuppett, whats that word? :eek:

Reaction Score
20 team leagues =
max inventory
keeping rivals/regions together
major cross overs for tv $
each division getting a playoff birth in new bcs down the road
bcs playoff $ is payed out by amount of teams in future
round robin bball of 19 games plus a rival game
other sports playing divisions to travel is cut down $$ talking there...
and so many other things, its the future.

20 also gets you 3 power leagues and 3 or 4 minor leagues. it gets you 6 auto births to a 8 team bcs playoff with the mac/mwc/be/acc all fighting to be ranked high enough thats its champs are invited in one of those sports over a open bid team. everyone has a shot but big boys are taken care of.

also, watch how the acc when it dies adds bball teams. it will take many notheast area teams to get to what ever # they want. they will all be in the b10 footprint. the acc-b10 challenege will be epic some day soon. there is your unc-duke game among others...

and clearly i forgot to put marshall in the big east also. maybe app st 2...

Link? Source? Nothing? You are part of the problem.

Reaction Score
well i have been pumping the big going big for a while. my point was all the crazy thing i and a few others talk about may or may not happen, but we need to talk about them becuase those schools are moving. tulane just moved and so did ecu. thats relevant to uconn so we should know why they are worthy or not etc. when a tulane thread poped up a couple months ago, i though some 1 was going to call the cops to arrset me or who ever posted it. now look. the point is that all this talk about potential and movement is worthy of discussion and not hate from all the crabby ppl here that think we are above any of it. were 10 years old, not texas.

Well they haven't gone "big" yet. A lot it remains rumors. A few schools switched and as always the rolls downhill. So now the holes in the ACC and Big East have to be filled. But we've yet to see 16 team superconferences or mass realignment. As the Wolf would says, "Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet."

Reaction Score
Dan, I don't diagree that the bigs always wanted to get bigger - the question is whether we get to 4x20 or 5x16. I actually think we get to the latter. I also think we reintroduce 1-AA in near future for conferences like MWC, MAC, and whatever is left of CUSA/SunBelt, plus some updrifters (e.g., Old Dominion). You can then have a playoff for top 16 and bowls for others in top tier plus 1-AAs

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, I don't diagree that the bigs always wanted to get bigger - the question is whether we get to 4x20 or 5x16. I actually think we get to the latter. I also think we reintroduce 1-AA in near future for conferences like MWC, MAC, and whatever is left of CUSA/SunBelt, plus some updrifters (e.g., Old Dominion). You can then have a playoff for top 16 and bowls for others in top tier plus 1-AAs

interesting. it would be a lot harder for us to be left out in this type of end game then mine. at this point i am waiting for the following sometime soon hopefully
-uconn to the ___ conf
-rick pitinos spin on adding tulane
-mwc to expand
-marshall to the big east

Reaction Score
4 x 20 gives you 8 divisions. Winner of each division goes to playoffs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
All I heard from you guys was how the Big East was going to be great, and was going to score a big TV contract. The Big East has been in death throws since the Pitt, Cuse and WVU moves. Every BE move smacks of desperation. Even Boise was a knee jerk reaction to losing TCU...a reaction based on the old AQ/BCS formula that doesn't even exist. It was moronic. Aresco is facing reality like a man....this is the new-old CUSA.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
4 x 20 gives you 8 divisions. Winner of each division goes to playoffs.

it would be 3x20 power leagues. can't have 4 power leagues right away. the big east, acc or mwc or mac even would have to develope into a 4th power league. big, pac and acc are the 3 power leagues

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
All I heard from you guys was how the Big East was going to be great, and was going to score a big TV contract. The Big East has been in death throws since the Pitt, Cuse and WVU moves. Every BE move smacks of desperation. Even Boise was a knee jerk reaction to losing TCU...a reaction based on the old AQ/BCS formula that doesn't even exist. It was moronic. Aresco is facing reality like a man....this is the new-old CUSA.

its full of the best of the rest and potential with markets. the big east will have a chance to become the 4th power league. the mwc will have bsu/byu carrying its flag among another 5 solid members most likely. the mac will add fcs potentials so they are what u see. the big east will be lville, cincy and crew. can they pass the mwc and become player #4? we shall see. but they will get the 4th or 5th best tv deal which will help they $$ wise building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom