OT: - For Now At Least: Transgenders In CT Sports To Courts | The Boneyard

OT: For Now At Least: Transgenders In CT Sports To Courts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Unfortunately that is not true in today's world. There are many laws that protect the few and none that protect the many.

This is why people can take “comfort“ dogs just about everywhere. To restaurants, grocery stores, churches, sporting events, you name it. Places that 50 years ago were off limits to all pets, now have a “welcome mat” at the entrance. It’s the law. A couple of months ago while shopping at our local Target store, I saw a lady with her dog in the shopping cart doing her shopping. We put out food in those carts. :confused:

News flash...........the store employees DO NOT clean those shopping carts!! I use to work for a major grocery company in my youth. We NEVER cleaned the carts. We had no way (equipment) to do so. Once or twice a year, a privately owned company came to our store to steam clean our shopping carts in the parking lot early in the morning before the store opened. This was the only time they were ever cleaned.

Society today cares more about people’s comfort than it did in the 50’s - 80’s, even if it makes others a bit uncomfortable. The next time you go grocery shopping, remember this observation. There's a real good chance you're using a cart that Bowser rode around the store in recently. :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Getting back to people with gonads ruining women's athletics ....
Facts is facts and I agree.... I just wonder how long before the powers that be shut this thread down. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The reason that there is a Bill of Rights is to ensure that rights are not dependent on the “many.”

If women's athletics cannot draw a line against men who think they should be women, then they cannot draw it against men who know who they are either. And since shame seems to have died around the turn of the century, we can kiss women's sports good bye. The "pursuit of happiness" does not include women's 400 meter hurdles for genetic men.

Reaction Score
If women's athletics cannot draw a line against men who think they should be women, then they cannot draw it against men who know who they are either. And since shame seems to have died around the turn of the century, we can kiss women's sports good bye. The "pursuit of happiness" does not include women's 400 meter hurdles for genetic men.

Agree 100%

Reaction Score
What ever happened to the simple male/female chromosome test they used to use in the Olympics?

Reaction Score
The reason that there is a Bill of Rights is to ensure that rights are not dependent on the “many.”
You mean like the electoral college? By the way, I am not sure how trans folks can show that they are victims of tyranny in this case.

Reaction Score
You mean like the electoral college? By the way, I am not sure how trans folks can show that they are victims of tyranny in this case.

Simply responding to your comment that “the needs of the many outweigh the rights of the few.” A statement contrary to long-standing American principles dating back to our founding.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Paraphrasing H.L. Mencken, the Sage of Baltimore, For every difficult, vexatious problem, there is one easy, simple solution. And it's wrong!

There are two things around this topic that make some people uncomfortable: (1) transgender human beings and (2) "fairness" in sport. To my way of thinking, the decent treatment of those human beings is important, as is the fair and decent treatment of all participants in youth sports.

There is an apparent conflict. I don't know the "right" answer, or if there is one. Denigrating transgender people is not part of a solution.

Reaction Score
I hope that if any of your children or grandchildren come out as trans, some of y’all handle it with a little more grace and understanding than you’ve shown in these threads.
Thank you for saying this because it certainly needed to be said. I'm a bit disgusted with some of the rhetoric here and the implication that a very small handful of trans folks are trying for some some power grab. It's certainly a complex issue, but at the root are just people that want to play sports that they love. There is no perfect solution, unfortunately, but there is absolutely no reason why, wherever you stand on the issue, that you need to come at it with anger, disrespect, or hostility.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is why people can take “comfort“ dogs just about everywhere. To restaurants, grocery stores, churches, sporting events, you name it. Places that 50 years ago were off limits to all pets, now have a “welcome mat” at the entrance. It’s the law. A couple of months ago while shopping at our local Target store, I saw a lady with her dog in the shopping cart doing her shopping. We put out food in those carts. :confused:

News flash......the store employees DO NOT clean those shopping carts!! I use to work for a major grocery company in my youth. We NEVER cleaned the carts. We had no way (equipment) to do so. Once or twice a year, a privately owned company came to our store to steam clean our shopping carts in the parking lot early in the morning before the store opened. This was the only time they were ever cleaned.

Society today cares more about people’s comfort than it did in the 50’s - 80’s, even if it makes others a bit uncomfortable. The next time you go grocery shopping, remember this observation. There's a real good chance you're using a cart that Bowser rode around the store in recently. :eek:
Here in Florida people take their dogs EVERYWHERE including restaurants, stores, and hotels. Usually the restaurant is outside but I’ve seen them inside, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom