For new and old posters alike - the like button. | The Boneyard

For new and old posters alike - the like button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not sure it is my place to post something about this, and if not, mods please delete, but ...
Just want to point out the 'Like' button on the lower right of posts next to the 'Reply' button. If you enjoy a post, it makes you laugh, you think it brings up good points, or you are just feeling generous, you really should click that button. It gives posters a little ego boost and may make them try even harder next time. And it lets them know if people are agreeing with their thoughts, reading their posts, or if they are just plain boring.
(I was very bad at using this in my early days on the board, but have gotten better over the years.)

There is also of course an ignore button if someone really bugs you - ignore the poster and you never have to read their hogswaddle again!:eek:

And of course some posters pine after a 'Dislike' button, but it would be un-genteel to use such a thing been if it were available - we may be crusty New Englanders but we have some standards!:cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And of course some posters pine after a 'Dislike' button, but it would be un-genteel to use such a thing been if it were available - we may be crusty New Englanders but we have some standards!:cool:

I've been pining for a dislike button for several years, but since Im just a lowly guest my wish has fallen on deaf ears. Glad to see that recently some 'home" posters have also chimed in with requests as well.

How about this...... let those of us who live south of the Mason-Dixon line and/or are not native New Englanders have a dislike button. ;)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I've been pining for a dislike button for several years, but since Im just a lowly guest my wish has fallen on deaf ears. Glad to see that recently some 'home" posters have also chimed in with requests as well.

How about this. let those of us who live south of the Mason-Dixon line and/or are not native New Englanders have a dislike button. ;)

Biff dislikes this

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If no dislike button, how about a few more emoticons. Saw one on another board - a barfing emoticon - struck me it could be damn handy! :rolleyes:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
As an "Old Poster" (relatively speaking), I think at the very least "New Posters" should have to survive a formal hazing ritual.

I could foresee a BY Hazing Committee initially comprised of DD, Meyers, Kibitzer, Wonkster and Cat. Membership would rotate so we would have to set up a nominating committee to identify future candidates.

Whilst most of the committee's focus would be directed at "New Posters", it also would have the authority to go after "Old Posters" who are showing signs of early onset dementia. JMHO. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

Reaction Score
[
Just want to point out the 'Like' button on the lower right of posts next to the 'Reply' button. If you enjoy a post, it makes you laugh, you think it brings up good points, or you are just feeling generous, you really should click that button. It gives posters a little ego boost and may make them try even harder next time. And it lets them know if people are agreeing with their thoughts, reading their posts, or if they are just plain boring.
:cool:[/quote]

1149013_351399124991686_1607782708_n.png

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nah. Kibitzer is way too gentlemanly for that kind of duty.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
[
:cool:

1149013_351399124991686_1607782708_n.png
[/quote]
Nope - disqualified for the like parade for being way over the top too cute!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Nah. Kibitzer is way too gentlemanly for that kind of duty.
You can't just have kill artists. Kib has the kind of rapier wit needed to deal with some people. Huskybill would be another candidate worth considering.

Reaction Score

How about this. let those of us who live south of the Mason-Dixon line and/or are not native New Englanders have a dislike button. ;)

Wouldn't south-of-the-Mason-Dixon-line's dislike button have to be called "Bless your heart"?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The Like Button has wussified the Yard. People should post and later wonder about their relevance!!

Also, to dd, there really isn't a likeability percentage. If someone's first ten posts yield 7 LIKES and they were all for post #4, does that poster have a 70% likeability percentage?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The Like Button has wussified the Yard. People should post and later wonder about their relevance!!

Also, to dd, there really isn't a likeability percentage. If someone's first ten posts yield 7 LIKES and they were all for post #4, does that poster have a 70% likeability percentage?

Likes received divided by messages = likeability percentage.

Fishy is number 1 by a long shot. You are barely over the Mendoza line equivalent of 50%. Good job.

Reaction Score

You realize dislikes from you would be considered likes on this site.:)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Ah, cmon. Triad has already copped to knowing that he(?) has no rights on this board. Don't need to step on his throat.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure it is my place to post something about this, and if not, mods please delete, but ...
(I was very bad at using this in my early days on the board, but have gotten better over the years.)

There is also of course an ignore button if someone really bugs you - ignore the poster and you never have to read their hogswaddle again!:eek:

Is this your way of soliciting more "Likes" for your posts?

I am happy to report that I am shooting 31% from three point range on this board.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
ETT - nah. I just figured with the average age of us here boneyarders and the fact that many of us grew up with adding machines and rotary phones (not to mention those who remember smoke signals, signal fires and abaci) a little friendly technical advice never goes amiss.

As for the lack of a Dislike button - to relieve my spleen at certain posters and their mindless posts I find using the Like button works really well, because I can then use the Unlike button on the same post. For particularly bad posts I may have to do it ten or twelve times but I always feel better and as if I have accomplished a lot. I imagine the miserable wretch starring at his Like counter going up and down all day!!! Revenge is so sweet!:confused::oops::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom