For my 2000th post, I thought I'd say . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For my 2000th post, I thought I'd say . . .

Reaction Score
Ma bouche dit touche, when spoken a me, and that's with a thumb in my ear. Less to offer I say when so little today was the best streak and win of the year.
Touche!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well--obviously--I am no shake the spear--. I was being serious--nothing comic about it. Did you do rhythmic chanting in the cradle??
Thanks Brooklyn, I enjoyed this short trek down lost memory lane.
In another lifetime there were two things I was VERY serious about: Music and poetry. Now of the two only music remains, although I still respect a smooth turn of phrase.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, "barely enlightened" in the true European tradition. Those were the "good old days" when conductors could be absolute tyrants (and women only played the harp). Now, orchestra members demand to be paid decent living wages (in addition to what they make in their teaching) and treated as human beings. Of course, it's sad that they finally got better treatment when the finances don't work very well for classical/operatic performance.
True and true.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
God I love this team!!!!!!

Blessed all ye Boneyarders!! And blessed are thee who follow the UConn Women. Go Huskies! Smite thee pretenders. Smite thee critics!! Bless thou Marisa!! Bless Chloe and Justine!! Bless all ye young women of Uconn!!

God I love this team !!!!!
Dear, dear, what did I do? Sorta over the top on this one.

Our little excursion into California girl songs took me on a longer excursion all around YouTube. One thing led to another, and I binged to the nth degree on patriotic songs and "God Save the Queen." Over and over again: the Herald trumpets, the organ, the pomp, the circumstance, "[t]his blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England," all the while pouring down the Kentucky Bourbon. By the time I got back here, I was, shall we say, exuberant.

But . . . at least I was honest. Thanks all for the kind sentiments.

Reaction Score
In another lifetime there were two things I was VERY serious about: Music and poetry. Now of the two only music remains, although I still respect a smooth turn of phrase.
Lucky you you still have music--my hearing started to take a nose dive five years ago--now music and speech is garubyob
myksql or similar in sounds. Im a sucker for a good lyric--and a sucker for good music--every category--if its good -it's good.
No more for me..
When i die I'm going to send Bags27 a note asking him to read that at my funeral--maybe not--baggies at the curb don't get much respect.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow, BY has talent!

Sir, I'll have you know that we're not just a bunch of rowdies. Culture and refinement run throughout the yard. :D

JordyG

Reaction Score
Lucky you you still have music--my hearing started to take a nose dive five years ago--now music and speech is garubyob
myksql or similar in sounds. Im a sucker for a good lyric--and a sucker for good music--every category--if its good -it's good.
No more for me..
When i die I'm going to send Bags27 a note asking him to read that at my funeral--maybe not--baggies at the curb don't get much respect.
I understand BroadwayVa. Take solace. True music lies not merely in the ear or mind, but in the heart. Yours my friend seems open. It still enters.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Sir, I'll have you know that we're not just a bunch of rowdies. Culture and refinement run throughout the yard. :D
And occasionally stop and poop.

But yes, you are right. Many posters are very impressive in their backgrounds, education, and tastes. Adds to the appeal of the board.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Today was a big milestone day:

Gus goes over 2,000.

Alex goes over 10,000.

The Huskies get to 91.

I'm excited!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors