For Dove - Morgan Tuck | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For Dove - Morgan Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Morgan does bring us a certain toughness, quiet toughness. She may end up being our enforcer.
She also brings us depth, which we haven't had in a while. Look at this... We have Morgan, Kaleena, and Kelly. They can play 5 positions between them. Morgan can play Center and power forward, Kaleena can play power forward and small forward. Kelly can play everything but center, unless Geno asked. lol

In this day and age of versatillity a lot of women can play a lot of positions, but the difference with these 3 is they can defend their positions too, a lot better than most.

Come on season, GO UCONN GO !

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for this very informative read!

It makes me wonder (in terms of national ranking) what might have been if she hadn't gotten injured?

Peace,

John Fryer
Some of us put her in the top 3-5. Breanna is clearly 1. Many, including HG, have MoJeff at 2. From what I've read, Alexis Jones is the only other player who might be better than Morgan.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Inevitably, I have comments:

And I'm grateful :)

The sentence " The 2011 event, held in Phoenix, Arizona included 96 of the basketball programs in the country." in the TOC section appears to be missing at least one word somewhere.

Oddly, I "borrowed" that language from an article on Breanna Stewart, but I see the same omission there, so I'll correct both.

It looks like you've reversed U18 & U19 in the 2nd & 3rd paragraphs of the USA basketball.

I don't think so. If you are thinking that the natural progression should be U16, U17,U 18 U19, well, that seems natural to me, but apparently not to USA Basketball.

Check out the graphic I created (I hope it is correct) at Schedule. When they converted the Youth Development to U16 and U17, they did it in such a way that the flow isn't what I expected. That said, it may be deliberate, rather than happenstance. Is they followed the natural order, then consider two girls one year apart - one would always be naturally in the current year age group, while one would always be struggling for a spot on a team where many are a year older. The dissonance means that you'll be well suited for the 16/17 pair or the 18/19 pair, but not both, and, importantly, not neither.

Or perhaps all you meant was that I should discuss them in the natural order, rather than the chronological order?

Or maybe I missed something?

The mention of Moriah & Breanna in the 3rd graph of USA basketball doesn't really belong in an article on Morgan -- turns it into a UConn fan piece. Breanna's leadership of the C-NS team at the TOC likewise.

My mindset was to work on the second of three articles on the UConn frosh, but I agree with you, the article isn't about one of the three frosh, it is about Morgan. I made both changes

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
- Phil - Congratulations on this superb article. I particularly enjoyed your draft’s details on her performance at the 2012 FIBA Americas U18 Championship in Gurabo, Puerto Rico… the first opportunity I had to watch live streaming of her play.
-. Regarding your call for comments: You may wish to consider adding Morgan also served as Captain for those U18 USA Team champions in Puerto Rico.
a. Although I find no reference at the Team USA site regarding who served as captain(s), I recall from my 19 Aug notes here on the ‘Yard game thread the way it was highlighted…
b. I enjoyed the Award Ceremony announcer’s joke, as she was presented with the Team’s First Place Trophy (great photo of that in your article). Immediately after he referred to that trophy being presented to USA's ‘Morgan Tuck, the Captain’ in Spanish, he then said in English:

That’s right… Captain Morgan! … No relation!'
Captain_Morgane 1.jpg

Captain Morgan plans another merciless Boarding Party

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
- Phil - Congratulations on this superb article. I particularly enjoyed your draft’s details on her performance at the 2012 FIBA Americas U18 Championship in Gurabo, Puerto Rico… the first opportunity I had to watch live streaming of her play.
-. Regarding your call for comments: You may wish to consider adding Morgan also served as Captain for those U18 USA Team champions in Puerto Rico.
a. Although I find no reference at the Team USA site regarding who served as captain(s), I recall from my 19 Aug notes here on the ‘Yard game thread the way it was highlighted…
b. I enjoyed the Award Ceremony announcer’s joke, as she was presented with the Team’s First Place Trophy (great photo of that in your article). Immediately after he referred to that trophy being presented to USA's ‘Morgan Tuck, the Captain’ in Spanish, he then said in English:

That’s right… Captain Morgan! … No relation!'
View attachment 1379
Captain Morgan plans another merciless Boarding Party

Good catch. I found a reference noting that Tuck was a captain (the Boneyard doesn't qualify)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom